Suffolk RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenoco View Post
    Thank you for the continuing look-ups Glen. Can you please check baptisms in Henstead for me if you have time. According to the IGI (extracted), Matilda Wilson was baptised there 7 Mar 1813, daughter of Charles and Hannah Wilson. Could you kindly confirm and see if there are any siblings and possibly a marriage for Charles and Hannah.
    Thanks again.
    Added to list, Jenny.
    Glen

Comment

Hi

I have also asked for a request for the Norfolk Records office, so apologies!!

could you confirm a father for a baptism - on LDS it states that the father of John Osborne born 1771 in Buxhall is Roger Osborne. on LDS i have also found a marriage for Roger Osborne and Ann Crick (aka Creek, Cryck etc) on 2nd June 1762 in Buxhall, but i cannot find Roger before or after this. Could you please take a look at Buxhall and see if there is any other reference to him (or anything on his marriage cert that might help)

If you are able to find any other info on the Crick family in Monks Eleigh i would be most grateful (pref wifes surname)

many thanks
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Lensgirl View Post
        Hi

could you confirm a father for a baptism - on LDS it states that the father of John Osborne born 1771 in Buxhall is Roger Osborne. on LDS i have also found a marriage for Roger Osborne and Ann Crick (aka Creek, Cryck etc) on 2nd June 1762 in Buxhall, but i cannot find Roger before or after this. Could you please take a look at Buxhall and see if there is any other reference to him (or anything on his marriage cert that might help)
        If you are able to find any other info on the Crick family in Monks Eleigh i would be most grateful (pref wifes surname)

many thanks
        Can do this.

This may be too time-consuming but which CRICK wife are we talking about?
        Glen

Comment

Hi Glen,

Sorry for the delay in answering, I lost the internet connection for a few days, been playing at installing Windows 7.

Yes I would like anything you can find on Markwell’s. I did see Richard and Lydia on the IGI but never made the connection.

Cheers
          Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmES View Post
            Hi Glen,

Sorry for the delay in answering, I lost the internet connection for a few days, been playing at installing Windows 7.

Yes I would like anything you can find on Markwell’s. I did see Richard and Lydia on the IGI but never made the connection.

Cheers
            Malcolm
            Here are the other MARKWELL baptisms in Battisford:
            Mary 26/9/1731
            Thomas 25/2/1734
            Hannah 3/5/1736

If you have any other requests, I'm off again on Monday.
            Glen

Comment

thank you for trying Glen.

Comment

Hi Glen,

Thank you for the information.

Malcolm

Comment

Hi Glen

If I may take you up on your very kind offer.

A marriage at Cowlinge in 1878 between Edward Frost and Eliza Robinson.

I have my fingers crossed that Eliza's father is Scipio (or variant) Robinson.

Many thanks
                  Chris
                  Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris in Sussex View Post
                    Hi Glen

If I may take you up on your very kind offer.

A marriage at Cowlinge in 1878 between Edward Frost and Eliza Robinson.

I have my fingers crossed that Eliza's father is Scipio (or variant) Robinson.

Many thanks
                    Chris
                    Sorry Chris,

I didn't see your request until I returned yesterday. I don't have internet access whilst I'm away. I may be able to do it before Xmas but can't promise but I'll put it on the list for the next time I'm in Lowestoft.
                    Glen

Comment

Hi Glen

Thank you.

Chris
                      Avatar....My darling mum, Irene June Robinson nee Pearson 1931-2019.

'Take nothing on its looks, take everything on evidence. There is no better rule' Charles Dickens, Great Expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Joy Dean View Post
                        And now, to another branch of my mother's family :smilee: :-)

Amos Fletcher was born about 1811, he was from Charsfield, and had brothers called William and Richard. His parents are Lawrence and Mary. As far as I know, there are no other siblings. Could you see if you could find the marriage for Lawrence and Mary, please? Oh, and a baptism for Amos, too, please, if possible.

Trelawny Fletcher who was born in Charsfield 18 February 1848.
                        His mother is Mary Sadd.

And, finally, please could you see if there is a burial record for:
                        Lydia Fletcher whose birth was registered September quarter 1850 Woodbridge District and she was christened in Nacton, 12 August 1850. Lydia died 1856 at 6 years of age, death registered September quarter 1856 Woodbridge District. In 1851, she was age 7 months in the Woodbridge Union Workhouse in Nacton with her mother and brothers. Her mother is Mary Sadd.

Oh, just one more, please, but don't worry if you can't find it - baptism for Philip Sadd who was born in 1760 and died April 1808.

Thank you very, very much.
                        No marriage for Laurence & Mary.

A baptism for Sarah FLETCHER 28/9/1806 shows Mary's name was GODBOLT

He appears to be Sarah's son. William s. Sarah Sp 21/3/1824

No baptism for Amos

No baptism for Trelawney

She wasn't buried in Nacton but I'm afraid Woodbridge District contains too many parishes to look further

No baptism for Philip in Benhall or Farnham

I don't know if you have these already. All Charsfield.
                        Laurence FLETCHER s. William/Mary 30/3/1783
                        Siblings: Sarah 15/8/1779 William 20/5/1781 Mary 16/4/1786

Burials All FLETCHER All Charsfield

Laurence marr. man 10/1/1823]
                        Mary 74 13/1/1827
                        Lydia 16 24/6/1832
                        Hannah 13 24/2/1833
                        Eleanor 8mths 30/3/1833
                        William 20 12/10/1833
                        Robert 19 10/11/1834
                        William 77 7/1/1834

Sarah appears to marry James PEMBERTON & they are having children in the 1830's.
                        A Jane FLETCHER marries George HEARN & they are having children in the 1840's.
                        A Charles & Rebecca FLETCHER are having children in the 1830's.
                        Glen

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                          what would the next largest parish near eye be? i dont know suffolk well, and was wondering where it would be plausible for james and hannah dove to marry.
                          They didn't marry in Hoxne, Denham, Redlingfield, Occold, Thorndon, Braisewell, Yaxley, Brome, Thrandeston & Oakley.

I think I have to call a close on this one Kyle as I'm just searching blind & they could have married anywhere. If you ever get more information to give me direction I'll give it another go.
                          Glen

Comment

Originally posted by jenoco View Post
                            Thank you for the continuing look-ups Glen. Can you please check baptisms in Henstead for me if you have time. According to the IGI (extracted), Matilda Wilson was baptised there 7 Mar 1813, daughter of Charles and Hannah Wilson. Could you kindly confirm and see if there are any siblings and possibly a marriage for Charles and Hannah.
                            Thanks again.
                            Matilda's baptism is there with Charles as a wheelwright but there are no other baptisms 1803-23 & no marriage.
                            Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Lensgirl View Post
                              Hi

many thanks
                              The register confirms the details you have.

The marriage shows both are of Buxhall, although the Banns say Ann is of Hitcham. Neither signed.
                              Although the date above the entry is 1762, the actual entry in words says 1763. The wits. were Thomas POOLE Edmund PEARL both signed.

There was no bapt. or bur. for Roger.

Not quite sure what you were after in Monks Eleigh!
                              Ann CREEK d. Nathaniel/Ann 15/4/1738
                              Nathaniel CRYCK Ann GILSON botp (L) 21/3/1738
                              Bur. Anne CREEK(W) of the workhouse in smallpox 22/2/1773
                              No burial for Nathaniel
                              Glen

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmES View Post
                                Hi Glen I just noticed your posts thanks for the information very much appreciated.

Malcolm
                                Here's a bit more:
                                Lydia had a child before marrying Thomas
                                John MARTIN s. of John MARTIN & Lydia MARKWELL base born 10/10/1753
                                John MARTIN bur. 14/12/1753
                                Glen

Comment

Thank you so much for looking
                                  Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Thank you very much for all your hard work.
                                    Joy

Comment

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                                      Here's the PR entry:
                                      Earl Soham

Benjamin AIREY sotp Hannah GALL sotp 12/10/1784
                                      Wit: Elizabeth GOODWIN J???????s AIREY Couldn't read it. Only Elizabeth signed.
                                      Only just seen this... thanks Glen

Comment

Thanks Glen, :smilee:now that’s bit of information I never expected was the birth in Battisford?

Comment

• Thanks for looking Glen.
                                          Jenny

Comment

Working...
                                          X