Suffolk RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Glen,

I was wondering if you could look up a birth for me in the Kettleburgh register for a Hannah Aery (or Airey) who was born c1796. Her daughter, Harriet Holbrow's baptism is recorded there on 3rd April 1818, and I suspect that she returned to her mother in Kettleburgh to give birth to her first child.

Many thanks.

Rachel

Comment

Hi Rachel,

Will do.
      Glen

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hi Glen. Would Norton BTS be kept at Lowestoft or Ipswich RO, would you know? please.

sunny rosy

Comment

Hi Rosy,

I should think that the originals are probably at Bury St Edmunds. I did think that all 3 ROs carried microfilm copies but was told the reason I couldn't find any for Eye when I was in Lowestoft was because it wasn't in their area. However I don't think this is so as they had the Ipswich parishes.

To be honest I rarely use them as for every year you have to wind through every Deanery in alphabetical order & every parish in that Deanery - very time-consuming unless you have a definite year.
            Glen

Comment

thanks Glen will start at Bury

sunny rosy

Comment

Originally posted by jenoco View Post
                I'm not likely to get there myself and appreciate the help you give. Following the information on my Balls family, can you please check the baptism of Samuel bc 1782 Worlingham and his wife Martha Howe, who, according to the census, was born Middleton circa 1775.
                Thank you (again) Glen.
                Worlingham

Samuel BALLS s. Samuel/Sarah 12/1/1783

Middleton

Martha HOW d. Thomas /Elizabeth 10/2/1782
                Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Sherbertrose View Post
                  Hi Glen,

Would it be possible to see if there is a marriage for Francis Blundell (or derivatives) and Elizabeth c1770 Rattlesden. I think that George which you found for me was one of the older children so I would guess that the marriage would be around this time.

Thanks, Sandra
                  Rattlesden

Francis BLUNDON botp Elizabeth MOORE sotp Banns 16/5/1768
                  Wit: Francis BLUNDON Philip WADE Only Philip signed.
                  Glen

Comment

Originally posted by MalcolmES View Post
                    Hi Glen, this is very kind of you to have an ongoing lookup for Suffolk Records Office.

On the last lookup you did for me you mentioned that.

Thomas SIMPER marries Lydia MARKWELL in Battisford in 1755 & go on to baptize 4 more children there between 1758-68.

Can you see if there is a marriage record for Thomas Simper and Lydia Markwell?

The children I have been given for them born in Battisford are Richard (1758-1761), John (1762-1762) and William (1765-1766). I’m not sure of the birth & death dates, can you check the dates please.

On one of the removal orders you found it mentions “For the REMOVAL of Thomas Simper, labourer, Lydia his wife, Lydia their daughter aged 21 yrs, and Poll their daughter aged 8 yrs, of Pakenham, now inhabiting the parish of Barking. May 7.” Can you see if there is anything on the two daughters?

Are there reference numbers for the two removal orders you found and can you tell me how I go about ordering them from Suffolk Records Office.

Thanks again
                    Malcolm
                    Sorry Malcolm - as stated elsewhere was in a bit of a rush & missed the marriage.

Battisford SIMPER

Baptisms
                    Richard s. Thomas/Lydia 21/9/1758
                    John s. Thomas/Lydia 3/5/1760
                    William s. Thomas/Lydia 7/6/1765
                    Mary d. Thomas/Lydia 29/5/1768

Burials
                    Richard s. Thomas/Lydia 5/8/1761
                    John s. Thomas/Lydia 6/6/1762
                    William s. Thomas/Lydia 28/4/1766

There was no sign of other children there. I checked Barking for the 2 girls - nothing but the Pakenham records at Lowestoft were on film so will check there next time.

Re: Examinations for the Removal Orders. I doubt they survived as most of the Poor Law Documents appear to be indexed at A2A but you would have to ask at Bury as that is where they'll be if they exist.
                    Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
                      Hello

Thank you for your kind offer.

Since all I know about Harison's PoB is that he was not born in Middx, my request isn't so much for a look-up, as for an "if you notice anything".

Har(r)is(s)on COCK was b 1784-5 not in Middx [using 1841 and his death D-cert Sep 1850]

His father was Thomas COCK, a musician [M-cert Jun 1841]. I did find this possibility for Thomas here:
                      1841HO107-1013-5fo10p4: age 75+; Street, Barningham, SFK
                      He has a wife (presumably) Hannah.

I shall have another try in Seax, in case Essex is his home ground. there are some plausible-looking records there, I believe. The family ends up in the SW - where COCK is not unusual - but I don't know whether that's because there was family there, or just because that's where the Navy took them.

Another FHS (I think) record I found was this:
                      Charles Harrison COCK Date of Birth or Bap – Age – Parish Lt Wratting, SFK Alt. – Where found Coggeshall, ESS Ref – Notes mar Lydia Unwin 5 Aug 1795 by lic

Christine
                      Sorry Christine; wasn't able to look far. The Lt Wratting PRs were on film I think so will look when I have more time. As you have probably noticed Lt Wratting is on the Essex border & Barningham is near the Norfolk border.
                      Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Lin Fisher View Post
                        Hi Glen

Sorry but its me again with my Wroots.

To refresh, I have Rose, Sarah and Mary Wroots that I think could be sisters. I have found the deaths for Rose and Sarah but Mary married Samuel Clutton and found her on 1851 census with her born in Worlingworth.

2 years ago I went to stay with a distant cousin in Suffolk and she took me to Tannington looking for headstones for the Wroots but found nothing (we had reason to believe some had died there).

Worlingworth is the next village so could you please do bap records for both Tannington and Worlingworth.

Looking on the IGI there are a lot of Roots so perhaps it will be spelt that way.

Really grateful for all these look ups and thanks again.
                        Worlingworth

Rose WROOTS d. John/Rose 29/10/1770
                        There was John 1773 & Robert 1776 but no Sarah or Mary.

They do appear to link with the Frances baptised in Wilby in 1780 though & the burials of a John & Rose there in 1824 & 1822.

Looked in Tannington -1st WROOTS John s. John/Elizabeth 1800

Looked in Metfield for Simon BALDRY - needless to say he wasn't there.
                        Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Sherbertrose View Post
                          Hi Glen,

As soon as it is convenient and you have time could you see if you could find any information re Robert Rice and Mary Mulley. They married on the 7 Oct 1786 Elmswell. I do not have any information on either of their parents or siblings but would think they come from Elmswell or neighbouring parishes.

Many thanks, Sandra
                          Didn't manage this. I think they are more likely from Norton but those records are on film so will look next time.
                          Glen

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                            thank you glen. i really dont know much about the family at all. i was thinking they married in hannah's home parish, but they dont seem to have made it to 1841, so its a bit difficult. i dont know what happened to the other children yet. except jesse is in essex in 1881, so it may be they went to essex as a family.
                            Sorry Kyle, as yours was a bit of a needle in a haystack & I was pushed for time I didn't get started but will next time.
                            Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Velma Dinkley View Post
                              Hi Glen,

I was wondering if you could look up a birth for me in the Kettleburgh register for a Hannah Aery (or Airey) who was born c1796. Her daughter, Harriet Holbrow's baptism is recorded there on 3rd April 1818, and I suspect that she returned to her mother in Kettleburgh to give birth to her first child.

Many thanks.

Rachel
                              Kettleburgh
                              Hannah AIRY d. Benjamin/ Hannah (GALL) 25/3/1795 Priv.
                              Glen

Comment

Thanks for keeping me in mind, Glen.

I'm not holding my breath - the whole situation is much too vague to be a "brick wall" but it's just as much of an obstruction!

Christine
                                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you once again Glen!
                                  Jenny

Comment

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                                    Rattlesden

Francis BLUNDON botp Elizabeth MOORE sotp Banns 16/5/1768
                                    Wit: Francis BLUNDON Philip WADE Only Philip signed.
                                    Hi Glen,

Thank you for finding the marriage for me - the is is another piece of the jigsaw I can fit in place. lol.

Sandra

Comment

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                                      Kettleburgh
                                      Hannah AIRY d. Benjamin/ Hannah (GALL) 25/3/1795 Priv.
                                      That's fantastic!! Thanks Glen

Comment

Originally Posted by Oakum Picker View Post
                                        Kettleburgh
                                        Hannah AIRY d. Benjamin/ Hannah (GALL) 25/3/1795 Priv

and the marriage from Boyds index.

1784 / GALL HAN / AIREY BEN / EARL SOHAM / SUFFOLK

Comment

Thanks so much Sue

You've made my day

Comment

Working...
                                          X