Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Suffolk RO Lookups - Ongoing

But remember Jen, there's no concrete proof; it's circumstantial at best. I'd certainly pencil it in but not write it in blood just yet.
    Glen
    HAILEY, PATEMAN, HOLT, KIRBY, WILSHERE, HOWARD, CARTER, LATCHFORD, BACON, MADDOCK, HIDE, BENNETT, WELLS, GRUNDON, WRIGHT, WA(O)RMAN, IZ(Z)ARD, ROBINS, BARKER - Herts
    PATEMAN, KIRBY, LATCHFORD, MADDOCK, GRUNDON, WALKER(MOODY), BALDOCK, ARNOLD- Beds
    CRICKMORE, DOWNING, HAGGAR, MOYSE, MAYHEW, BRANSON, JAMES, BULL, PITTOCK, - Suffolk
    CANNELL, GORBEL, GOWING/EN, SALLOW, JOHNSON -Norfolk HAYES - Co.Offaly ROI

Blog Entries
    Yes will do Glen thanks again.
    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Hi Lin,

I'll certainly look there for you. As I've found Mary in Fressingfield, it looks as though she was buried there 26/10/1852 Aged 82.
    Her daughter Mary Ann 20/8/1891 Aged 88
    And Samuel 5/7/1824 Aged 68
    His first wife appears to have been Ann who was buried 9/7/1801.
    I'll check those for you.
    Glen
    HAILEY, PATEMAN, HOLT, KIRBY, WILSHERE, HOWARD, CARTER, LATCHFORD, BACON, MADDOCK, HIDE, BENNETT, WELLS, GRUNDON, WRIGHT, WA(O)RMAN, IZ(Z)ARD, ROBINS, BARKER - Herts
    PATEMAN, KIRBY, LATCHFORD, MADDOCK, GRUNDON, WALKER(MOODY), BALDOCK, ARNOLD- Beds
    CRICKMORE, DOWNING, HAGGAR, MOYSE, MAYHEW, BRANSON, JAMES, BULL, PITTOCK, - Suffolk

Quote Originally Posted by Oakum Picker View Post
    Christine,

I'm not convinced that isn't COOK. I've looked at the SBI & the only burials in Barningham are pre-1800. But I'll certainly have a look for you: a COCK/HARRISON marriage would be helpful wouldn't it? LOL
    The record I mention could be COOK, of course. The name I'm after is definitely* COCK.

A COCK/HAR(R)ISON marriage would be seriously interesting!

But - like I said - when all you have to go on is "not born in Middlesex", plus a likely DoB of 1784-5, you have rather a wide range to choose from! That being the case, I'm not expecting anyone to go hunting on my behalf for anything so vague. I'd just be grateful for people keeping a lookout for this relatively unusual name.

thanks
    Christine

*using "definite" in the way you usually do in genealogy - i.e. not definite at all, I suppose!

Blog Entries
    Hi Glen, checking back over what you have found me, I can't seam to spot a year of birth for Edmund Chandler (the one who married Mary Morling).......so don't know where to place him. Did you happen on a year for him Glen as I am not picking him up on LDS.
    Thanks.
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
    Hi Glen, checking back over what you have found me, I can't seam to spot a year of birth for Edmund Chandler (the one who married Mary Morling).......so don't know where to place him. Did you happen on a year for him Glen as I am not picking him up on LDS.
    Thanks.
    Hi Jen,

John (son) & Edmund weren't baptised in Cratfield but if you enter John & Elizabeth as parents on the IGI, in addition to the Cratfield bunch, you get a John & Edmund baptised in Mendham.

This makes sense as there is a marriage in Mendham for John CHANDLER & Elizabeth MOTES which although a submitted entry, an exact date is given & fits with Elizabeth's burial in Cratfield in 1801 which gives her maiden name as MOUTTS.

I can check those out next time.

I know I was advising caution about Jonathan as it would appear he was about 35 when he married but had forgotten that his age at death fitted perfectly with the Cratfield baptism. All in all, I'd probably go for it.
    Glen

Blog Entries
    Great Glen, I will make a note of that info and many thanks again.
    Jen

Hi Glen,

Thank you. Sorry for not responding sooner but I have been away on my hols.

Back to reality now (sob).

Sandra

Hi Glen,

As soon as it is convenient and you have time could you see if you could find any information re Robert Rice and Mary Mulley. They married on the 7 Oct 1786 Elmswell. I do not have any information on either of their parents or siblings but would think they come from Elmswell or neighbouring parishes.

Many thanks, Sandra

If this weather continues I may not make it before the end of the month plus I have 4 airport trips 28, 3, 6 10 & the Proms on 31 but be assured all will be done when I am next there.
    Glen