No announcement yet.

Suffolk RO Lookups - Ongoing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But remember Jen, there's no concrete proof; it's circumstantial at best. I'd certainly pencil it in but not write it in blood just yet.
    Glen

Comment

Yes will do Glen thanks again.
      Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Hi Lin,

I'll certainly look there for you. As I've found Mary in Fressingfield, it looks as though she was buried there 26/10/1852 Aged 82.
        Her daughter Mary Ann 20/8/1891 Aged 88
        And Samuel 5/7/1824 Aged 68
        His first wife appears to have been Ann who was buried 9/7/1801.
        I'll check those for you.
        Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Oakum Picker View Post
          Christine,

I'm not convinced that isn't COOK. I've looked at the SBI & the only burials in Barningham are pre-1800. But I'll certainly have a look for you: a COCK/HARRISON marriage would be helpful wouldn't it? LOL
          The record I mention could be COOK, of course. The name I'm after is definitely* COCK.

A COCK/HAR(R)ISON marriage would be seriously interesting! :D

But - like I said - when all you have to go on is "not born in Middlesex", plus a likely DoB of 1784-5, you have rather a wide range to choose from! That being the case, I'm not expecting anyone to go hunting on my behalf for anything so vague. I'd just be grateful for people keeping a lookout for this relatively unusual name.

thanks
          Christine

*using "definite" in the way you usually do in genealogy - i.e. not definite at all, I suppose!
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Glen, checking back over what you have found me, I can't seam to spot a year of birth for Edmund Chandler (the one who married Mary Morling).......so don't know where to place him. Did you happen on a year for him Glen as I am not picking him up on LDS.
            Thanks.
            Jen

Comment

Originally posted by Jen~Ealogy View Post
              Hi Glen, checking back over what you have found me, I can't seam to spot a year of birth for Edmund Chandler (the one who married Mary Morling).......so don't know where to place him. Did you happen on a year for him Glen as I am not picking him up on LDS.
              Thanks.
              Hi Jen,

John (son) & Edmund weren't baptised in Cratfield but if you enter John & Elizabeth as parents on the IGI, in addition to the Cratfield bunch, you get a John & Edmund baptised in Mendham.

This makes sense as there is a marriage in Mendham for John CHANDLER & Elizabeth MOTES which although a submitted entry, an exact date is given & fits with Elizabeth's burial in Cratfield in 1801 which gives her maiden name as MOUTTS.

I can check those out next time.

I know I was advising caution about Jonathan as it would appear he was about 35 when he married but had forgotten that his age at death fitted perfectly with the Cratfield baptism. All in all, I'd probably go for it.
              Glen

Comment

Great Glen, I will make a note of that info and many thanks again.
                Jen

Comment

Hi Glen,

Thank you. Sorry for not responding sooner but I have been away on my hols.

Back to reality now (sob).

Sandra

Comment

Hi Glen,

As soon as it is convenient and you have time could you see if you could find any information re Robert Rice and Mary Mulley. They married on the 7 Oct 1786 Elmswell. I do not have any information on either of their parents or siblings but would think they come from Elmswell or neighbouring parishes.

Many thanks, Sandra

Comment

If this weather continues I may not make it before the end of the month plus I have 4 airport trips 28, 3, 6 10 & the Proms on 31 but be assured all will be done when I am next there.
                      Glen

Comment

Sandra,

Are they the couple living in Norton in 1841 & die in '45 & '51?
                        Glen

Comment

Hi Glen, the couple definately show on the 1841 census. There is a possibility that Robert died in 1845. I am not sure when Mary died as there are a few possibilities.

Sandra

Comment

Thanks for the update Glen. You'll certainly make it to the Records office before I can and I appreciate the help - not worried about the wait.
                            Jenny

Comment

Definitely won't be this month but thought I'd bump it in case anyone else wants to add to it.
                              Glen

Comment

Hi Glen, just to let you know I have just got copies of the removal orders for Thomas and Sarah Simper from the Suffolk RO.

On your next visit if you have time can you see if the examinations preceding the removal orders survived and how I would go about getting copies.

Thanks again for all your help.

Malcolm

Comment

Will do Malcolm
                                  Glen

Comment

For Barbara.
                                    Glen

Comment

what would the next largest parish near eye be? i dont know suffolk well, and was wondering where it would be plausible for james and hannah dove to marry.

Comment

Kyle

Did all the children end up in Essex? I see Joseph in Surrey. Do you have any other info. about the family. The most logical place for them to marry would be the wife's parish. It is strange how the children from another DOVE family in Eye also seem to end up in Essex.

I can look in a few contiguous parishes to start with.
                                        Glen

Comment

thank you glen. i really dont know much about the family at all. i was thinking they married in hannah's home parish, but they dont seem to have made it to 1841, so its a bit difficult. i dont know what happened to the other children yet. except jesse is in essex in 1881, so it may be they went to essex as a family.

Comment

Working...
                                          X