Stamboom.................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamboom.................

I would like to thank Cloggie for giving me the name of this site............found lots of info ~but still haven`t found my Grandparents marriage.

THANK YOU.

Hi Lizz,

If you post (or PM me) the details I can try to have a look for you.
    Sarah

Comment

Hi Lizz, it's always nice to see new faces out and about.

Thanks for introducing Lizz to this site Cloggie.

Hope you both don't mind but I've relocated this thread into the General Discussion board as it doesn't really appear to be a Research Q or A.

Please feel free to ask for any help you need though Lizz, giving a much info as you can would help enormously. :D:D
      Last edited by Guest; 06-08-09, 09:06.

Comment

I thought Lizz was thanking me for introducing her to one of the Digitale Stamboom (Dutch genealogy) sites?
        Sarah

Comment

Sarah, was just looking at the Stamboon site ... but obviously cannot understand it!
          A friend was asking me a couple of days ago about tracing a burial (of an English ancestor) in Holland, circa 1800 - would anything like that be covered on that site - or do you have any advice as to where she should look.
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Cloggie View Post
            I thought Lizz was thanking me for introducing her to one of the Digitale Stamboom (Dutch genealogy) sites?
            OK, so who allowed me on to this thread. Sorry, :o thread moved back to Research.

Any chance of a link to the site?

Comment

Here you are John
              Stamboom Surfpagina.nl - or at least that is the link I'm looking at!

What's your Dutch like! ;)
              Elaine

Comment

Double ... LOL !! :D

Comment

If you put the word stamboomsurfpagina in google and when you see the displayed results click on [ Translate this page ] - Does that help at all?

Did you mean: stamboom surf pagina

Search Results
                  1. <LI class=g>Stamboom Surfpagina.nl

- [ Translate this page ] Een zeer uitgebreide en overzichtelijke pagina over genealogie, heraldiek, geschiedenis en met heel veel familienamen.
                    Familienamen - Zoekmachines - Genealogische Naslagwerken
                    www.stamboomsurfpagina.nl/ - Cached - Similar
                    <LI class=g style="MARGIN-LEFT: 3em">Familienamen

- [ Translate this page ] StamboomSurfpagina. Dochters. Naar Hoofdpagina ยท Rubrieken Index handig ...... StamboomSurfpagina.nl. Naar Hoofdpagina ...
                    www.stamboomsurfpagina.nl/familienamen.html - Cached - Similar
                    Show more results from www.stamboomsurfpagina.nl

2. stamboomsurfpagina.nl - Quantcast Audience Profile

This site reaches fewer than 2000 US monthly people. We do not have enough information to provide a highly accurate traffic estimate.
                    www.quantcast.com/stamboomsurfpagina.nl - Cached - Similar

Comment

Elaine, the one you found looks like a collection of genealogy links.
                    Stamboom means Family Tree in Dutch.

I think Lizz is probably referring to one of the "Digitale Stamboom" sites, but I'm afraid I can't remember which one I referred her to. :o

There are several "Digitale Stamboom" (or Digital Family Tree) sites run by different records offices, which make BMD transcriptions available online. Copies from the registers can then be purchased through the sites, or in some cases scans can be downloaded.
                    I've listed the Digitale Stamboom/Digital Family Tree sites and other sites with online BMDs in the Wiki: The Netherlands - Family Tree Forum

Elaine, do you know what part of the country your friend's ancestor would have been buried in? There is no site covering the whole country, although THEMATIS ~ Erfgoed portaal will search multiple sites simultaneously.
                    If you want to give me the name of the person your friend is looking for I'd be happy to have a look.
                    Last edited by Cloggie; 06-08-09, 09:30.
                    Sarah

Comment

Thanks Sarah.
                      She is an FTF member - although not sure she will find her way to this thread! I directed her to all the wiki links and she was going to work through some of them.
                      I don't have the details but will be seeing her again next week so will ask her if she has found anything ... I may well be back!
                      Elaine

Comment

OK Elaine, you know where to find me.
                        Civil registration in the Netherlands started in 1811. So records earlier than that would be in parish registers. Depending on what part of the country the person was from, that information may or may not already be available online.

I should point out that women are recorded by their maiden name, and that Dutch death records usually do not include the cause of death, except sometimes in cases of an epidemic. But for records before 1811 you would be looking for a burial entry rather than a death entry anyway.
                        Last edited by Cloggie; 06-08-09, 09:38.
                        Sarah

Comment

Working...
                        X