Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont' blindly trust information on certificates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes - there's always a chance that a cert will contain a nugget of useful info, howeve iffy some of the actually-certified info might be.

My Gx2-g-father, Eli CHRISTMAS married his third wife, Marianne Richardson COCHRANE, in 1851. One of the witnesses was Richard BICKERTON. Knowing that there are often serial signers, I thought no more of it, until...
    I obtained his death certificate (1886) and the informant was C BICKERTON, daughter.

Up until then, I had "lost" Ann(e) CHRISTMAS (b 1844) and Charlotte CHRISTMAS (b 1831). A bit of playing around with BDM records, the IGI and censuses, and they were tracked down. Without the death cert info, I'd not have made the connection.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
    X