No announcement yet.

Could someone tell me the groom please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone tell me the groom please?

Its for an Annie Mulligan who was born in Grimsby in abt 1879. She is in the 1881, 1891 and 1901 (the later ones in Sculcoates) censuses. I have found a marriage for an Annie for Q3 Sculcoates but don't know the name of the groom, could someone with more thorough access tell me the name please. I printed out the household of her family for thr 1911 census and she isn't on it, therefore she must have married between the censuses and the entry I found could fit the bill.

does it give a first name for the groom at all?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

just had a quick check, it seems that the marriage was in JAS 1901 sculcoates dist. spouse Michael Cassidy.

tip: if you search on FreeBMD - Search

once you get the search results up, click on the page number, it usually gives the bride/groom names ;)

results are below if you click on the link

FreeBMD - Search
      Last edited by Darksecretz; 08-07-09, 16:54.
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Marriages Sep 1901 CASSIDY Michael MULLIGAN Annie Sculcoates 9d 250

Don't know if he matches anyone from 1911 census though?
        Woodcock(Dudley...Worcestershire Broseley...Shropshire) Woodley & Allen(Herts/Essex/London/Kent/Surrey... & NSW/Vic/Queensland... AUS) and MANY, MANY more...!

Sherlock always gets a result

Comment

Try Micheal Cassidy a marriage to Anni Mulligan in 1901 at Sculcoates Jul/Aug/Sept

Doh 3rd in line lol

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            just had a quick check, it seems that the marriage was in JAS 1901 sculcoates dist. spouse Michael Cassidy.

tip: if you search on FreeBMD - Search

once you get the search results up, click on the page number, it usually gives the bride/groom names ;)

results are below if you click on the link

FreeBMD - Search
            Being of very little brain, I am afraid I don't get how you get the other parties name. Is it because it hasn't been transcribed yet. I have found a possible marriage for Annie's sister Eileen in 1905, but can't work out how to arrive at the groom's name.

Comment

There are several guides to the various sites in the wiki, for searching FreeBMD have a look at the following page

Searching the FreeBMD site - Family Tree Forum
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
              My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
              My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Originally posted by LorraineJ View Post
                Being of very little brain, I am afraid I don't get how you get the other parties name. Is it because it hasn't been transcribed yet. I have found a possible marriage for Annie's sister Eileen in 1905, but can't work out how to arrive at the groom's name.
                When you have found your entry, click on the page number next to the name. The page will then come up. On that page there are at least 4 entries (6 in former days) i.e. two/three marriages. So you come across two/three possible grooms for your bride. - Do not presume that the one above your bride is your groom, because some of them have been mixed up; that was just a warning. - Then you can have a look with those family names in the next census. Unless your bride died before the time of the census she was probably in the census with her (new) husband. Mostly the two brides do not have the same first name, although this can happen (I had a case like that), so the one groom marries his bride with the one first name and your bride marries the other one.

Unless his name has not been transcribed or was forgotten in the alphabetical classifying system before putting him on the index, he must appear on that page. FreeBMD transcribes the alphabetical index not the certificates, including the reference numbers (page and volume), so if you put in a certain page number all names on that page number come up (also when you click it after your entry), but if someone has forgotten (either on that list, or the transcriber, that entry does not appear in the database.

Have fun!

Did this help?

Comment

someone tell me the groom please?

annie mulligan m Michael Cassidy 1901 Sculcoates

best wishes & hope this helps
                  mary in sc, usa

Comment

From the Yorkshire BMD site, they married at St. Mark's church.

A Michael Cassidy died in 1910 aged 32 (East Sculcoates), and there is a death for an Annie Cassidy in Sculcoates in 1930, aged 49, which may be the same person.
                    Last edited by Helen Smith Too; 08-07-09, 20:56.
                    Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

Or, alternatively there is a marriage between Annie Cassidy and Thomas Hunt/Hurt at St Saviour's in Hull in 1913.
                      Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

Working...
                      X