No announcement yet.

Whats Happened to ANCESTRY today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I have just rplied to there leave a comment part and told them I think its rubbish , I was stuck on family tree and wanted to go and add new person to view the tree but could I hell get back to overview and manage trees ,,total cock up ;;
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Not much help, but an Awful Warning not to rely on an online tree as your primary tree.
      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Lucky enough its not my primary tree but for a site that charges all that money in subscription you would think they'd have a bit more sense about how, when and why they change stuff.

Their money might be wiser spent on scanning and uploading images rather than paying money to web designers to keep re-arranging and re-designing everything.

Comment

Oh, just gone to ancestry and see the stuff about new features coming - I like the one where you will be able to see the transcribed text at the same time as the census image, that will be handy.

See the image and the index

If you've ever tried to read an image you know how handy it would be to see the indexed information on the same screen. On our enhanced image page, the index panel below the image will show you the transcription for each record.

Comment

I think the new layout is just fine. Like everything else in life it takes time to find your way around.

Heather
            Seeing the image and index records together will be a great addition. It will save a lot of time flicking backwards and forwards.
            Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post

And you could always see a larger number of generations shown on an ancestor chart without the new format.
              The number of generations to be seen on the pedigree view remains the same . . . 5. .. but Ancestry are adding more to that soon

"
              Updates coming soon to Pedigree View

Next up in our preview of tree updates will be a new version of the pedigree view that will let you see more generations at one time, see your tree full screen, drag and grab your tree, and zoom in and out. Improved navigation will make it faster and easier to return to an ancestor profile page."

Sounds great to me.
              Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Yes think it will be like everything its just finding way around after you have just mastered one way ;;;
                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Thankfully, I wasn't quite used to the old format and I don't find the knew one too bad but I wish companies wouldn't change things online so often.

Comment

I like the new layout.
                    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

So do I Wendy - so far I haven't had any problems with it.

Jane

Comment

It may well be an improvement when one has become used to it. I'm not sure if it is working correctly yet either. One or two "strange" things happened when I was trying it out. Can't get good results from the new search though - it never seems to take much notice of the selections I want it to use. Perhaps it is me!

Comment

I must say I am getting used to it slowly

Comment

Slowly is the operative word in my case too LOL.

I would have thought that the colour scheme could have taken into account that some people are colour blind as mentioned earlier - maybe they could allow it to be customised?

Comment

you do have a point Trina ,my Husband cant tell between Green and Brown together

Comment

i dont like it. theyve used the same colour for every box, and the background.
                                if they just used the old layout for the family trees, i think it would be good.
                                i can get into my tree and edit it, etc, but it took a while to find the specific options i needed. i do like the, 'add a relative' button though. and i do like the tabs on each person, so it doesnt take forever to load a new option when clicked. but i do think that you should click on the hints tab, and when your done, be able to click on family tree, or overview, and not have to wait for the page to load.

Comment

Working...
                                X