No announcement yet.

Scotland'sPeople Freebie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, don't forget, if anyone hasn't already registered with Ancestral Scotland, you can earn another 10 free credits there too.

My siblings joined SP last time there was a similar offer in a Scottish newspaper, so I've just added the 20 free credits each for them. They then registered with Ancestral Scotland too so they now each have 30 credits in their SP accounts.

Thanks again Bev
    Gillian
    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Thanks for this. I have just used up my 20 credits and may have found a death of one ancestor 1836 which is about right. Will now have to dig deeper!

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by Macbev View Post
        Just had a communication from a cousin in Scotland, which may be of interest to many of you.

"There is an offer with Scotlands People in todays paper so I thought I better tell you about it, I just hope you are at home!

Log on to Scotlands People as usual and then go to the section Need MORE?. (this is where you usually go to buy more credits). You will then be taken to a page where you should enter the code heraldmag. (This is towards the bottom of the screen where there is a space to enter in 'voucher' details )

You will then be allocated 20 free credits worth £4.

You must redeem the voucher before 1pm on Saturday 27th June in other words this Saturday."

I was very pleased to get this info, as it has allowed me to reactivate some credits that had gone past their expiree date. Hope it is of help to someone else
        Thanks very much have just got mine. A great help.edi.x.

Comment

thanks it reactivated my credits too and it works out at 90 days in which to use them

Comment

Thanks Macbev, actioned successfully and reactivated my expired credits.

Might push me into doing some more research!!

Passed it onto my niece as well.
            Sheila

Taking a pause from tripping the light fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Gillian View Post
              And, don't forget, if anyone hasn't already registered with Ancestral Scotland, you can earn another 10 free credits there too.

My siblings joined SP last time there was a similar offer in a Scottish newspaper, so I've just added the 20 free credits each for them. They then registered with Ancestral Scotland too so they now each have 30 credits in their SP accounts.

Thanks again Bev
              OMG !!!!!!
              This has reactivate some previous freebies and I now have 50 !!!!!!!! :D
              ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that Macbev. I've just got 20 extra added and it put my time left up from 900 odd hours to 2159.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel Scand View Post
                  OMG !!!!!!
                  This has reactivate some previous freebies and I now have 50 !!!!!!!! :D
                  Well done Rachel .... but how did you get up to 50 Rachel? I've managed 30 up to now ..

Where are the other freebies hiding?
                  Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

Good-oh. 20 credits logged, expiry 2159 hours.
                    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
                      Well done Rachel .... but how did you get up to 50 Rachel? I've managed 30 up to now ..

Where are the other freebies hiding?
                      There were 20 on OH's account but it said they had expired (they were free from somewhere else ages ago)

When the free 20 + 10 were added, they came back to life !!!!!!!
                      ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that. 20 free credits on my account.
                        Elaine

Comment

Thanks for that Bev. I've just found & downloaded my 4 x G grandparents marriage banns from 1798 - and it didn't cost me a penny ;)
                          My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

I've "spent" spent 19 of my 20 credits and got 9 pages of OPR baps, marriages and deaths plus the images of my g-g and g-g-g grandfathers' marriages.
                            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

I've spent half the day happily killing off obscure members of OH's family tree. Glad so many of you have had good use of the freebie :D

Beverley

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing this....as well as gaining 20, I've also just managed to reactivate some expired credits.
                                Thanks again.
                                Karen x

Comment

Thanks Bev, I have just got my credits & discovered that I already had 10, so now have 30, which I will have to find a good use for.
                                  Lynn

Comment

Thanks Bev
                                    I have the credits, of now to have a look
                                    Jackdaw

Comment

Macbev,
                                      Many, many thanks.
                                      The site seems to have been updated since I used it last (another freebie, two or three years ago.)
                                      I have found:
                                      death refs for my father's eldest brother & his wife
                                      birth refs for 3 of their children & also death of one of these

and have downloaded
                                      death cert for a Northumbrian cousin, who died aged just 18, when the ship he served on was wrecked off Scotland and sank in Jan 1945.

(plus 1 or 2 other bits and pieces)

All for free - I am SOOOOOOOO excited to have the death cert to go with a photo of him and a report of the disaster.

Jay
                                      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Thanks Bev, very useful.

Comment

Thanks for that Bev! I only had one Scottish birth to find as my G Grandfather and his wife were stationed in Glasgow at the time of the birth of their 2nd daughter, I have now been able to get a copy of her birth registration for my records! Best of all......for free!
                                          Many thanks Lesley

Comment

Working...
                                          X