No announcement yet.

Help with Photo Bucket please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- and if I may suggest - your post #19 might be better on a separate thread - rather than on this one.

Would you like me to sort it for you?
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine

How did you do that - that is my photo! I'm sure I had that IMG code and no I did not colour my last bracket in red - LOL. I will try again and if I can't get the photo could you PLEASE do a thread for me with the followiwng message PLUS photo.

Many many thanks

Chris

Comment

Just copy the code and paste it into your thread.
        Elaine

Comment

Still no joy, it still says my IMG is too long and yet you were able to pick the photo up.

Chris

Comment

Very strange Chris - no idea why you are having problems!
            I´ll move your query over to a new thread for you.
            Elaine

Comment

Query moved to: Photo dating / medal identifiction - Family Tree Forum
              Elaine

Comment

I would love someone to sort it for me. I may be a complete novice about this and I appreciate all your help. Another dumb question. How will I know which thread it's on in order to access any help?

Comment

Well done!

We cross posted! See the link in post #26
                  Elaine

Comment

Well done Chris!
                    Jen

Researching: Brandon.London/M/cr. Tyson.France/Mcr.

Comment

Well done Chris and Elaine!
                      Jen

Comment

OOps.......think I lost the will to live lol! 2 posts.
                        Jen

Comment

Elaine I really do appreciate your patience and I have taken a note of the thread you have put my query on - Photo dating /medal identification - Family Tree Forum, but I can't find it!!

There is no hope for me as I have learned over the past 3 or 4 hours!

Chris

Comment

To find your thread go to the main forum listing
                            click here for the main forum listing

Click on Family Tree Photos forum

- and you will see your thread in that forum - at the moment it is the 3rd one in the listing.

It´s very useful to 'subscribe to threads' as you can then easily find any threads you have started or posted on.
                            You can do this via User Tools/User Control Panel in the blue navigation bar,
                            select EDIT OPTIONS on the left hand side of the screen
                            and then under the heading 'Default Thread subscription mode', select 'no email notification'

Once you have done this you can view any threads you have 'subscribed to' by clicking on the Forums tab in the blue navigation bar and selecting Subscribed threads.
                            Elaine

Comment

Many many thanks Elaine just one more question, I would like to start a new thread with the photo and my original query about it which is:

This is an unidentified photo, so any help in dating it would be very much appreciated. Also is there someone with military knowledge that could throw some light on the medals please?

The most possible contender for the sitter is John Fletcher born 1796 who was a colour Sergeant in the 19th Regiment of Foot and was medically discharged to pension in 1836 after serving 21 years. He served for 7 years in the West Indies and also was in the Battle of Waterloo.

I only add this information in case it helps to identify any of the medals.

With grateful thanks

Chris Vearncombe

Is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Vearncombe View Post
                                Many many thanks Elaine just one more question, I would like to start a new thread with the photo and my original query about it which is:

Is that possible?
                                .. I've already done this for you - and you have replied to comments made on the new thread.

Click on the following link and it takes you to the new thread I created for you last night
                                - (as Admin I can copy posts you have made on other parts of the site - so although I created the thread it is posted in your name!)

Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                X