• Show
Clear All

• And mine

Jill

Comment

• Mine too have gone.
      regards Patti

*******always searching*********
      for Bracey.Speck.Gusterson.Taylor.Livermore.

Comment

• Me too
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

• I don't think Heather will be able to phone them about it this time because she said they upgraded her membership to Premium, so I guess she still has access. So I would think some of you need to contact ancestry (again) to complain.
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

• This baffles me beyond belief. Ancestry has either made another cock up by updating and knocking everyone off again or someone had a rethink.

They should just upgrade everyone in the UK on the Essential to Premium until their annual subscription is up and be done with it.

Ironically my UK Essentials yearly package ran out on the 27th March, yesterday!

I renewed and upgraded I don't think there's a choice to be honest. Having said that I have found nothing of interest in the records already uploaded from the LMA and my mother's side are 85% Londoners right back until 1790.

Hopefully something useful will be uploaded at some point but knowing my luck it'll probably happen just before my annual subscription is running out again as Merry pointed out early.

Comment

• Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
              They should just upgrade everyone in the UK on the Essential to Premium until their annual subscription is up and be done with it.

Maggie, I don't think the problem is with people who are on the Essential sub - they chose not to have access to parish records etc., but it's the people who are still on the old sub from before when they brought in Essential and Premium. Their sub is supposed to work like a Premium one until it is up for renewal so they should have access to the LMA records, or that's what I thought was supposed to happen, anyway.
              KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
              (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

• Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                Maggie, I don't think the problem is with people who are on the Essential sub - they chose not to have access to parish records etc., but it's the people who are still on the old sub from before when they brought in Essential and Premium. Their sub is supposed to work like a Premium one until it is up for renewal so they should have access to the LMA records, or that's what I thought was supposed to happen, anyway.
                Okay well I don't know when they subscribed but it must have been within the last year. I was on that packagel I think (£83 something or other) but I could access them right up until yesterday when I renewed!

So I think its just one big cockup as usual by Ancestry.

Comment

• I've emailed Ancestry. I don't expect a reply until the middle of the week.
                  Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

• Oh well, I'm glad that I downloaded the TWO burial records that I managed to find of my London lot before the records got blocked off again! I spent long enough looking through what they've uploaded so far to realise that there is absolutely no point in upgrading just yet as there really isn't that much on there so far. Half my tree is from London yet I could only find these two very distant relatives. I have several direct ancestors who were in various London workhouses yet I could find no record of them in what is available to date. My current sub runs till June, and I was thinking of taking a world sub next time anyway, so will hold off until then.

Comment

Working...
                    X