No announcement yet.

LMA Release on Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the records available at present are from the Board of Guardian Poor Law records.
    Robert

Comment

I would contact them to complain if I were you.
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
        I would contact them to complain if I were you.
        I have Kate! :D
        Thought I would get at the front of the queue!
        Elaine

Comment

I've found a death on there who must be related to my family, but now I'll have to find the connection! Although they are all Poor Law records at the moment, it includes deaths of infants that were recorded by the Vaccination Officers, so that includes families who weren't in the workhouse.
          KiteRunner

Comment

Logged in from work (in the Library) and the new records are available on the Library Edition.

Looking forward to getting home later to see if I can find anything!
            Sue

Comment

I have sent them an email...

*insert very cross word*

:(

Comment

The content you just clicked on requires a World Deluxe membership.

:( Bother.
                Joy

Comment

Same here joined the UK package through the .au site on the offer, now it wont let me see any of the new London records! I can see they have 4x great grannys burial too....very annoying!

Comment

I just came on to ask if anyone has emailed Ancestry to complain about the fact that we cannot view the new uk records without upgrading. But I see some of you have. I have just sent them a :( email but not sure when they will reply as they said they are receiving rather a lot at present I wonder why and will reply as soon as poss.
                    GWEN

Comment

For those of you who CAN see the records, LMA has a firm commitment to accuracy & swift correction of errors. So if you do spot mistranscriptions, it would be worth emailing LMA direct.

This, by the way, is just the tip of the iceberg. They are talking of a total of 77m names!
                      Phoenix - with charred feathers
                      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

Richard, what is g.grannys name, I can have a look.

Comment

Hello Sue

Thank you for offer, much appreciated.

Her name was Julia Regan. In the burials, they have two Julia Regans, one buried 1891 and one 1896. The details of both would be great if possible, as I think the other is related to her in any case, her sister in law.

Many Thanks

Richard

Comment

Richard, if you pm me an email address, I can send you the images.

Comment

Thanks Sue, Have PM'd you.

Comment

Well, what a let down! I've dashed home from work and set myself up with a cuppa and a bun ready for hours of exciting research - and none of my names appear. Mine were obviously in the wrong Workhouses!

Do we know how often the records will updated?
                                Sue

Comment

LMA thought the launch was on Thursday, so perhaps they are putting a bit on at a time. I've had a look at Lambeth, and there is currently only a tiny amount on. It's a cunning way to make us keep on looking!
                                  Phoenix - with charred feathers
                                  Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

If they're concentrating on Workhouses, Bethnal Green would be nice.....:D
                                    Sue

Comment

Still waiting for a reply to my email :(

Out of interest, if you have access - what sort of membership do you have please?

I don't think it's right that you need worldwide subs to view - it's just railroading people to spend more :(

Comment

I have the worldwide, but I was reading an email from ancestry which someone had posted up on another forum yesterday and it certainly said that people with the UK Premium membership were supposed to be getting access to the London data, so I expect it is a mistake if you haven't.
                                        KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by Velma Dinkley View Post
                                          Still waiting for a reply to my email :(

Out of interest, if you have access - what sort of membership do you have please?

I don't think it's right that you need worldwide subs to view - it's just railroading people to spend more :(
                                          I've got UK Annual Premium membership and I can see the images (not that I've found any that are useful but here's hoping that the next batch will be)
                                          Jackie

Comment

Working...
                                          X