any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any help?

i have a betsy harrison b1837 dudley married to a thomas willington b1833 boatman compton staffs they married 1854 they had the children william,ann esther,harriet,lucy and thomas

can anyone find thomas and who he married or any children?
    there are a few possibilities but on census records his age doesn't match?
    also if you could find anything on the elder thomas's father william would be a big help

thanks

kmt

how far out are the ages on the census? i have some ppl thats ages vary upto 5/6yrs on different census records.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

It looks as though some of the children's baptisms are recorded on FreeReg:

FreeREG Search

I don't have time to check them all out, but I've found Harriet, Sarah and Dinia so far.

Comment

that's the problem yma some are 5 years out others a couple.

kmt

Comment

You may be able to find more in the Wolverhampton records listed here:

Family History Sources - Wolverhampton History

Comment

Dinah (Dinia) was born and died between censuses, which is why you hadn't found her:

Births Mar 1873
            WILLINGTON Dinah Wolverhampton 6b 590

Deaths Sep 1873
            Willington Dinah 0 Wolverhampton 6b 268

Comment

can you give the yr and place you think it is then i will see what i can find

Comment

I wonder if this is father Thomas?

Search Results

Have you found him in 1841 or 1851?

Comment

hi mary thomas was a boatman so this thomas is wrong this is the problem we are having

kmt

Comment

he may not have been a boatman all his life.

Comment

hi his birth was 1855/6

kmt

Comment

thomas's father thomas lol was a boatman all his life i have him on all the census it's just thomas his son because there are at least 2 thomas's near to the age we are having problems

kmt

Comment

I meant that baptism in 1835 might be Betsey's husband Thomas.

thomas's father thomas lol was a boatman all his life
                          Do you mean that the father of Betsey's husband Thomas was also a boatman?
                          Last edited by Mary from Italy; 19-03-09, 16:55.

Comment

hi mary yes both thomas and his father william were boatmen, elder thomas some say was born in tettenhall staffs

kmt

Comment

you may have to buy the birth certs for both thomas's born near 1855/56 and hope you get the right 1 1st time.

Comment

Originally posted by kmt123 View Post
                                hi mary yes both thomas and his father william were boatmen, elder thomas some say was born in tettenhall staffs
                                Oops, sorry, I missed the fact that you'd already said his father was William.

Comment

I think we need some more info before we can start trying to find out what happened to Thomas jr really, so starting with 1881 because I can't find any of them before that!

Vessels, Staffordshire:
                                  (entry crossed out) Thomas Willington Married 50 Captain of Boat Compton Staffordshire
                                  Betsy Willington Married 46 Wife Dudley Worcestershire
                                  Esther Willington Unmarried 16 Daughter Stoke Potteries
                                  Harriet Willington Unmarried 14 Daughter Wolverhampton
                                  Louisa Willington 4 Do LeeBrook Wednesbury

Then a separate entry in Vessels:
                                  Thomas Willington Married 50 Captain Compton Staffordshire
                                  William Willington Unmarried 17 Boatman Wolverhampton
                                  Samuel Harrison Unmarried 15 Servant Tipton Staffordshire

If we can find them on the previous censuses then hopefully Thomas jr will be with them (or if he was born after 1881 we would have to find them on the 1891!) and then we can get a good idea of when and where he was born so we can try to find him on later censuses.
                                  KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                  (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

i think on some census returns he is thomas millington,

kmt

Comment

Working...
                                    X