How do I find the wife again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I find the wife again?

Thomas Clay married Jane but she is not listed on Freebmd. How do I find her name again?

Here is the freeebmd info:

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page
    Marriages Jun 1858
    Clay Thomas Lambeth 1d 511
    Hayhow Henry Lambeth 1d 511
    Upward Fanny Elizabeth Lambeth 1d 511

I know he married a Jane as I found them on the census.
    Kit

:o:o

I forgot I have found a copy of the marriage cert on TP. The name is on it.

:o:o
    Kit

Comment

Obviously, you now have her name. But to solve the mystery - is it Jane Corre? II think 511 was mistranscribed as 571.

Comment

yes it is. How did you work it out though? I looked at the image for Thomas and it looked like 511 to me.
        Kit

Comment

Yes, 511 is correct - it's Jane's entry that's wrong. I entered a search on Ancestry for Lambeth, volume 1d, for the quarter and year of Thomas's marriage and with first name Jane. Then I clicked through to find an entry where there were more men than women listed. I then checked the image of the Jane I found - Jane Corre - and saw that it actually said 511 not 571, and thus matched your data for Thomas.

Comment

Have you advised FreeBMD of the error? They will put it right for you.
            Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by zoejg View Post
              Yes, 511 is correct - it's Jane's entry that's wrong. I entered a search on Ancestry for Lambeth, volume 1d, for the quarter and year of Thomas's marriage and with first name Jane. Then I clicked through to find an entry where there were more men than women listed. I then checked the image of the Jane I found - Jane Corre - and saw that it actually said 511 not 571, and thus matched your data for Thomas.
              Thanks for letting me know.
              Kit

Comment

A correction - I meant "more women than men" listed - i.e. Jane Corre was a stray woman without a husband

Comment

Working...
                X