Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passenger lists

Hi
    Anyone any idea how I can trace passanger lists to Australia pre 1890 ??

I've got John Spence Lees emigrating pre 1885, returning to marry and then back to Australia post marriage (1885) not sure of the date he first emigrated.

Thanks in advance for any help

Roger : ))

Hello Roger

Have you had a look to see what you can find in the Wiki? it's well worth a look.

After that, there are these possibilities:
    TheShipsList: Passengers, Ships, Shipwrecks
    Free Australia Ship Passenger List - Genealogy surname database search engines at Ancestor Search
    Index to Unassisted Inward Passenger Lists to Victoria 1852-1923

Also FMP and Ancestry do to/fro lists (can't remember which way round!).

And there's a new thread remarking on the Queensland archives, too.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Roger, there is also this site which can be very useful. For some ships there is an image of the passenger & crew lists.

Mariners and Ships in Australian Waters

Comment

Thanks very much I'll take a look. I know where they ended up but knowing how they travelled helps to get a clearer view of the person I think.

Thanks again

Roger : ))

Comment

Working...
        X