This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Britec View Post
    Thanks Wendy not sure whos else is watching them on this forum and if there helping anyone
    Like Marion, I've not looked at them all but it's really good to see how other people do their restores.

I have watched (or rather skipped through) the restore of Debbie's pic ~~ the one with texture where you use an FFT filter.

I don't have an FFT filter, so when I did my restore I just used the normal stuff. I'll post a sepia version on here in case it's of interest.

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

So Rachel, are you going to explain how you did it, as I don't have the FFT Filter either.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Well When I do these tutorials I just show what ways and ideas on how to get things done, its not the only way and not always the best way but its hard because I can't do a full restore because videos are only 10 mins long, thats all the time youtube allow. I suppose I can do a simple restore in 10 mins but it will only be a mild restore nothing that is to damaged.

But as long as they help people thats all that matters.

Comment

yeah in that video where i done debbies photo and removed texture from paper I did not do no restore on it just done texture removal did not have time to finish the restoration

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial Brian.

Tried all the ways you've said on Margaret's photos, but still not happy with the results.

Will have to keep practising.
            Wendy

Comment

Originally posted by WendyPusey View Post
              So Rachel, are you going to explain how you did it, as I don't have the FFT Filter either.
              Wendy
              If you don't have an AppleMac you should be able to download a freebie FFT filter.

I looked last year when there was a pic with a big problem which refused to respond to anything normal.
              That sort of pic comes up so rarely that it wouldn't have been worth my while spending money.

I can't explain what I did with Debbie's pic because I don't remember :D
              Probably used a bit of noise reduction and then got going with the usual tools ~~~ clone, blur, sharpen, dodge, burn etc. ~~~ that's what I do.

I remain non-techy (Dumbo) but I do need to move on a bit this year
              ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial Brian.

Tried all the ways you've said on Margaret's photos, but still not happy with the results.

Will have to keep practising.

Hi Wendy
                Had a look at Brian's Colour Cast (part 1) and have tried it out on this one of Margaret's ~~~ overdid the contrast, but it works !!! :D

Last edited by Rachel Scand; 07-04-09, 16:14.

Comment

I tried Brians ways too, but I can't get rid of the yellow sky in that one.

Mine is no where near as smooth and clear as yours either.
                  Last edited by WendyPusey; 07-04-09, 16:13. Reason: added
                  Wendy

Comment

I did have to paint some blue on it

Getting things clear and smooth comes with practice.
                    You're doing very well

Comment

I would not practice on Margaret's photos Wendy they are in real bad condition and hard to restore, try to practice on something with light colour cast first.

Comment

try this photo nice and easy

Comment

Thanks Brian, will have a practice with that one.
                          Wendy

Comment

I know you was asking about this Wendy so I done a quick video for you

YouTube - Fixing A Blown Out Sky In Photoshop New

Comment

That's clever Brian. Thanks very much.
                              Wendy

Comment

Thanks Brian, will have a practice with that one.
                                That's clever Brian. Thanks very much.
                                Let's have a look then Wendy

Comment

OK Rachel, here's my first attempt.

Wendy

Comment

Hi Wendy
                                    Try Brian's 'Part One' using the hue/saturation method (towards the end)

Here's my version ~ I've left some of the yellow in mine.

The food in the foreground looks as if it has mildew and the red tins are a bit garish so would need playing with separately, but this way of doing it was quick and simple

Comment

I tried that one Rachel, but didn't like the colour of the food etc.

I did mine so she kept a yellow shirt and the food looked a better colour.
                                      Wendy

Comment

Wendy theres to much magenta in your photo drop it down a touch see how it looks

Comment

I done this with the levels by numbers and some curves, its a nice balance of colour all round the photo. i suppose I could add a touch of hue and sat to bump colour.
                                          took only a 1 or 2 to do not bad for quick fix
                                          Last edited by Britec; 10-04-09, 13:29.

Comment

Working...
                                          X