Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarendon

Hi

I have googled this name and found references to it in Wawrickshire but not as a place name.

Was there ever a place with this name or do you think it is a miss spelling of Claverdon?

Thank you Manx

hallo Manx and welcome to fTF

What is your source for Clarendon? Rather than a misspelling, I would imagine its quite easy to misread a v for an r and vice versa.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

There's a Clarendon Road local to me in Christchurch Dorset. I've no idea why it's called it though
      Hail Spode!

Comment

This is the only likely place name I can see on a quick search:

GENUKI: Clarendon Park, Wiltshire, England

Where did you find it?

Comment

Hi All

Its a place of birth in Warwickshire. I am looking for a James Joiner the children and his marriage were Sheldon or Bickenhill. There are Clarendon references on Google but nothing as a place name. Claverdon is a little way away to the West or So of Sheldon.
          Could be that one. Elizabeth his wife was born in Charwelton in Northants. The other direction.

I have searched the archive in Warwick and did not find James at Claverdon. Just to complicate things. I searched other parish records like Sheldon, and Solihull too.
          Still could not find him.

Its the wife's side, I must!!!!!

Thank you for trying to help.

Manx

Comment

James was born circa 1785 and his father was William. I am led to believe the one obvious record on the IGI is not my fellow. He died according to another source.

Manx

Comment

Is this the place ?

Claverdon - Google Maps

Joy

Comment

We used to have a Clarendon pub in the town but been pulled down now , ;;;
                borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Working...
                X