• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you read the name please?

1881 census, Radwinter, Essex:
    RG11; Piece: 1820; Folio: 74; Page: 19

George Ridgewell and family.

The actual image is on the next page (20) if you're using Ancestry - they've got page 18 twice followed by Page 19.

There's a son aged 7 transcribed as Listren J Ridgewell. The enumerator's writing is very poor. Any other ideas please?
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

can you post the link please UJ?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Uncle John,
      Yes I think it is Listren too, think you need a couple more opinions though!
      Craig

Comment

It does look like Listren J. However, there is a birth registration for the right district in Q2 1873 for Joshua Liston Ridgewell.

Jane

Comment

There's a birth on Freebmd
          Joshua Liston Ridgewell .... Jun 1873 ... Saffron Walden

Radwinter is in that reg dist
          ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            can you post the link please UJ?
            Here it is: - Ancestry.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for the birth reg. I'll go with that one, I think. It's a "married-in" family. The link is the youngest daughter Lavender, who is on her own on the next page.

Comment

A further "ask" please. Here is Joshua's birth: - Ancestry.co.uk

The FreeBMD transcriber wasn't sure of the page number - it's close to the book spine. Can SKS please look up the range of page numbers for Saffron Walden that quarter. I'm inclining to 444 but it could be 414.

Comment

Maybe Joshua was a twin? There is a registration for an Albert Ridgewell in Saffron Walden in the same quarter. The entry occurs twice - once as 414 and once as 441!!!!
                  Looking at the findmypast record the second figure could easily be a 4, as could the last.

Don't know what to suggest.:(

Comment

Uncle John - I'm afraid I don't know how to look up therange of page numbers, but, magnifying the image to the max, I think 444 is the most likely interpretation, ditto for the Albert whom Shirley mentioned.
                    Gillian
                    User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

There's no Albert with the family in 1881, and I can't find a likely death. I did find Joshua's death in York in 1896 aged 23.

I was inclining towards page 444.

Comment

Oddly enough, FreeBMD has Joshua's birth transcribed twice, at page 441 and 444. So where 414 came from I don't know.

How odd, I've just looked at FreeBMD again and got a different result. But it does say
                        "The expected page range for this district is 427 to 444" so I'm going with 444.

Comment

Just seen birth records for Joshua and Albert on Ancestry and the page number is definitely 444. I can't find Albert in 1881 or any death record either!

Comment

Working...
                          X