Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free Anti-virus and firewall - which to go for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Anti-virus and firewall - which to go for?

I have reason to think that my subscription computer security package will cease to update from next week ( a complicated story to do with AOL and a dispute I've had with them) and I want to install free anti-virus and a free firewall. Any advice on which would be best will be much appreciated. I run Windows XP Home Edition and use Firefox 3.0 as my browser.

Ann
    ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
    Alfred, Lord Tennyson

For a firewall i use COMODO and AVAST for anti virus you can download them for free just google File hippo.
    All i can say is i am happy with them up to now and you get free updates.

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

We have AVG which is free and you should already have a Firewall as standard in XP.
      Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

You might want to check out this thread, Ann.
        Researching Nickless & Evans, Shropshire & Montgomeryshire. Also Ord and Coulson, Co. Durham

Comment

Originally posted by lorry53 View Post
          You might want to check out this thread, Ann.
          Oh, thank you so much for that link - it is exactly what I need! I've bookmarked it, ready for the moment when my present security package refuses to update.

"We have AVG which is free and you should already have a Firewall as standard in XP."

Do you mean the Windows Firewall Wendy? Is it any good as I remember being told once that it isn't very effective? Mine is switched off at the moment as I was told to do when I installed my AOL security suite which includes a firewall. I believe I also have a firewall in my router but thought you needed something more to get full protection.

Ann
          ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Working...
          X