Samuel Fisher b. 1804 - 1810

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samuel Fisher b. 1804 - 1810

Does anyone have any idea how I can find a Samuel Fisher that would have died between 1804 and 1810 probably somewhere in Gloucestershire?????

I need this info to prove my theory that the Mary Fowler who married Samuel Fisher in Charfield in 1804 was the very same Mary Fowler went on to marry John Wilcox in 1810 in Henbury and then after his death to Richard Riddiford in 1823 in North Nibley.

Whew!

In the title you say "b." and in the body of the message you say "died". Which is it??

And just a thought - setting out to "prove a theory" is more likely to lead to a mistake than gathering as many facts as possible and weighing the balance of probability. You could end up with the same answer - it's the emphasis on how you get there that differs.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Redacted
      Last edited by Penelope; 05-03-09, 20:26.

Comment

just to explain my "theory" - and yes Uncle John well spotted - I meant died 1804 - 1810.

My direct ancestor is William Fisher who was bapt in Charfield in 1804 and his parents were Samuel and Mary Fisher. They were married in Charfield in 1804 too. She was originally Mary Fowler. There do not appear to be Fishers in Charfield like there are in some other places. Mary Fowler was the daughter of William Fowler and Elizabeth Selman.

Information in the will of William Fowler her father refers to his 3 grandchildren - describing them as the children of his daughter Mary and the deceased Mr John Wilcox.

On IGI I found a marriage for a John Wilcox and a Mary Fisher but not a Mary Fowler in 1810. That then fits with other info on IGI re the children - I already have their names in the will - I mean, their ages and places of birth fit.

My aim is to find Samuel Fisher's parents.

My theory is that I have the right ancestor in Mary Fowler, the daughter of William Fowler and Elizabeth Selman - that she was the mother of my William Fisher bapt 1804. However just to be absolutely sure I need a Samuel Fisher with the death date between 1804 and 1810. You see, if I am right, that means that William Fisher was not named in his grandfather's will - unlike Mary's other children. But maybe that's ok... maybe that was because he was already grown up and married and had a child by then.

I am planning to go to Gloucester RO at the end of April - the earliest I can get there but I am so impatient..... I am hoping that there might be someone out there with relevant parish records that might help!

If you have done - thank you for reading!!

Comment

I've checked the Glos Burials CD, but records for most parishes (including Charfield) start at 1813, so no help, I'm afraid. Sorry.

scuda
          Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

Working...
          X