Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Winner of WDWTYA? 26th February 2009 is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Wow, I have been sitting here unsuccessfully looking....thats great!
    [COLOR="Purple"][COLOR="darkorchid"]Thanks

Mystic.........

Comment

*Now failing to find them in 1881...*
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Just one question...not that I want to upset any findings but if Mary Ann was born in 1835 and Daniel was born in 1886 that would make Mary Ann 51.....do you think that might be a little old to have a child??

Mystic.........

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic View Post
          Just one question...not that I want to upset any findings but if Mary Ann was born in 1835 and Daniel was born in 1886 that would make Mary Ann 51.....do you think that might be a little old to have a child??
          Well, it's probably just possible, but I suppose the main thing is to tie the various records together and see what happens. You have that birth cert, be he your chap or not (not saying he isn't!) and Kite has found a possible set of parents for the birth cert boy. To confirm the 1871 family are the same people I was going to say one thing you could do would be to get the birth cert for Elizabeth Sullivan who is 8weeks in 1871 (says 8mths on the transcript, but I think that's wrong), and hopefully the parents details will be the same, however, I've just seen there's more than one Elizabeth registered in Q1 1971 in Holborn, which is annoying! lol

Comment

that would make Mary Ann 51
            I think Thomas and Mary Ann were both 26, not 36 on that 1871 census.....if we are looking at the right people then that would make Mary Ann a very young widow when she married Thomas, but that doesn't make it impossible.

Comment

I have found another Thomas and Mary A

Source Citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 608; Folio: 94; Page: 36; GSU roll: 818911.

The only thing is that the eldest child Thomas is 14, so that would make Mary A 17yo when he was born or maybe she was his step mum.

Just thinkin aloud.....

Mystic.........

Comment

I can't find a Mary Ann Ingram to Morton marriage before 1864 :(

Comment

Yep...the only one I could find was in 1864. I suppose the key is to somehow finding the 1881 Census.....the surname must have been mistranscribed.....

Mystic.........

Comment

The only marriage I could find for Mary A to William Morton was in the March Qtr 1856 6d 263, but the name of the bride is Ann not Mary Ann, also it is in a place called Aston. I tried googling Aston, I'm not sure if it is close to my family.

Mystic.........

Comment

It's in Birmingham, Mystic.

I did wonder about the ages on the 1871 but the first digit looks like one of those backward 3's to me.
                      KiteRunner

Comment

Looking at it again, you're right Merry, they are just strange 2's. I've gone back and changed my post of the census entry to avoid further confusion.
                        KiteRunner

Comment

I suppose if Mary Ann was from Ireland then her first marriage could have been in Ireland, but I can't see it on the FamilySearch pilot site.
                          KiteRunner

Comment

maybe langford isn't online yet.

Comment

I have spent a lot of time today trying to find the "Sullivan" family in 1881. Have also looked for George, Daniels brother (mentioned in 1901) but had no luck there either. What would be my best option from here? Would it be best to try and order one of Daniels siblings birth certs. to make sure I have the right family?? Annoying as it is, I dont' seem to be having any luck with this family.

Mystic.........

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
                                maybe langford isn't online yet.

The Irish BMD indexes on the FamilySearch pilot site are the national ones, so there can't be a county missing, can there?
                                KiteRunner

Comment

Originally posted by Mystic View Post
                                  I have spent a lot of time today trying to find the "Sullivan" family in 1881. Have also looked for George, Daniels brother (mentioned in 1901) but had no luck there either. What would be my best option from here? Would it be best to try and order one of Daniels siblings birth certs. to make sure I have the right family?? Annoying as it is, I dont' seem to be having any luck with this family.
                                  I couldn't find them on the other censuses either. Yes, if you can get a birth cert for one of the children from the census then at least it will show that the Daniel on the birth cert belonged to that family, and might help with locating them on the other census(es). Or you could get the Thomas Sullivan marriage cert. The trouble is that whatever cert you get, it might turn out to be a wild goose chase, but I suppose you're only going to find out by getting a cert.
                                  KiteRunner

Comment

Yep, I think I might order Thomas' marriage cert, at least that way I will uncover a little more info, if we have the right family. And if it's not the right family I suppose this wild goose chase has let me get one step closer than I was last week to solving the "mystery of elusive Sullivan family". In the mean time back to trawling the census pages!!!
                                    Is there a way of getting a actual "county" area up so I can trawl through? If I was to find someone in "St Luke in 1881" and manually search the census pages? I know it's long winded but I suppose it's worth a try,but I'm not sure of the actual area to start and search. Sorry I hope you know what I mean.

Mystic.........

Comment

Yes, this link should take you to the England 1881 census:
                                      1881 England Census - Ancestry.co.uk

Then scroll down till you get to the list of counties you can browse, and click on "London". Then you will see the list of parishes and can click on one to get the list of districts to browse through. There seem to be be a few variations of St Luke on there. But it would take a very long time to look through them all!
                                      KiteRunner

Comment

they wont have co clare kite.

best of love mystic, you'll sort it out in the end.

Comment

Believe me Kiterunner I have been doing this most of the day.....I'm determin to find this family. Until I go insane and have to be dragged away from my computer I will continue my search...OMG what am I'm saying!!!!
                                          I suppose it Can't hurt to try.
                                          I was pleaseantly surprised to find some from my tree today transcribed as Samuel instead of Daniel???? So hope is still alive!!!

Mystic.........

Comment

Working...
                                          X