Birth Certificate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update !

I have spoken to a chap in Sheffield at the Registry Office and ask me to write all i know in a letter and pop a cheque in for £7 and they will hopefully do the rest..

I also enclosed my Grans wedding and Death Certificate in hope it maye help...i will keep you posted !

Comment

I was going to ask if the witness' on the marriage cert are family members and if they help at all tracking Sarah's past.?
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

There my dads side and are no longer alive...

Comment

Just wondering...ok chomping at the bit !!

How long does it take for a certificate to arrive !

Comment

If all the criteria are known then turnaround can be pretty fast... couple of days,

however, with your case, it will probably be longer, might be a week or two.

I know when I have ordered from the GRO (southport) it usually takes about a week, but I can also go to our local office and get them on the same day.
            Julie

Comment

There's an Ellen Lowe, Q1 1888 Sheffield 9c 568.

Not uncommon for the names to be reversed, eg Ellen Sarah instead of Sarah Ellen. Also not uncommon for the birth reg to show one name only, while other documents show two.

Comment

Blackberry Thank you...

I have found over the years that the census dont really always tell it as it is...

I found my GGrandfathers death yesterday he was 32...he died a couple of months after my grandfather was born...i would love to know what he died of but again its going to mean sending off for his death certificate...

Right going to ahve a look at this ellen Lowe....

Comment

Just found this also which i thought was rather interesting....
                  Class: RG13; Piece: 4375; Folio: 105; Page: 42.

Look at her fathers name...

Comment

I know what you mean about the census, thats why you should always use them as a guide, we all know that 'some' folks wont accept the fact that there are errors, and that their relative is John Brown, (even though the census says Jack Brown)

not a very good example but you get the gist..

pretty much like my Susanna Eleanor... born as that, and married as that, but died/buried as ELLEN (it was only down to the fact that I knew who her husband was and address at the time) But I am slowly getting bits and peices sorted, and very careful scrutiny of the records available to narrow BMD's down before I order them.
                    Julie

Comment

you have to remember some one else does the death register and if that was the name they were known as then that is the name they will register as
                      wye surrey/london/birmingham
                      lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
                      hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
                      ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
                      herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
                      armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

Thanks for that tinkerbe...

Comment

Working...
                        X