Why can't they stay in Lancashire??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't they stay in Lancashire??

I'm adding to the branches of OH's tree, but this lot are not playing fair!!!

I have the children of David Kirkby and Agnes Sawrey, all baptised Hawkshead, Lancs. All checked and correct.

Then they start to marry....

Elizabeth born 1766 married William Ariel in Bristol.

Jane born 1770 married Richard Derry and lived in Devon (no idea where they married).

Mally married Thomas Fenton in Lancs, then after Tom died she married Benjamin Rayson in Yorkshire.

But..............the one causing the most problem is Dorothy Kirkby born 1784.

She married John Lawrence Pidwell (born Cornwall). I cannot find that marriage anywhere. They had two children Samuel, born 1808 and baptised All Hallows, London Wall, and John born 1811, baptised Pentonville.

Dorothy died 1813.

There are numerous references to this family in Google Books but they are named Tidwell rather than Pidwell. Definitely the same family though.

Any ideas where I might start looking for marriages of Jane and Dorothy??

If they got married in London, then you could hope they married by licence and search the licence databases on British Origins. Also Pallot's Marriage Index on ancestry (but you've probably tried that one) and the marriage licences on London Signatures website.
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Thanks Kite...............tried those. I'm sure they were all married by licence, just have to find where.

Comment

John Lawrence Pidwell & Dorothy Kirkby Marriage

Originally posted by Harrys mum View Post
        I'm adding to the branches of OH's tree, but this lot are not playing fair!!!

I have the children of David Kirkby and Agnes Sawrey, all baptised Hawkshead, Lancs. All checked and correct.

Then they start to marry....

Elizabeth born 1766 married William Ariel in Bristol.

Jane born 1770 married Richard Derry and lived in Devon (no idea where they married).

Mally married Thomas Fenton in Lancs, then after Tom died she married Benjamin Rayson in Yorkshire.

But..............the one causing the most problem is Dorothy Kirkby born 1784.

She married John Lawrence Pidwell (born Cornwall). I cannot find that marriage anywhere. They had two children Samuel, born 1808 and baptised All Hallows, London Wall, and John born 1811, baptised Pentonville.

Dorothy died 1813.

There are numerous references to this family in Google Books but they are named Tidwell rather than Pidwell. Definitely the same family though.

Any ideas where I might start looking for marriages of Jane and Dorothy??

John Lawrence PIDWELL married Dorothy KIRKBY 17 March 1807, St Andrew's Church, Plymouth, Devon. Of their 2 children Samuel died 26 April 1854 and John died 12 Feb 1814

Hope this helps you.

Comment

Thank you. Are you related ?

Comment

Originally posted by Akoah View Post
            John Lawrence PIDWELL married Dorothy KIRKBY 17 March 1807, St Andrew's Church, Plymouth, Devon. Of their 2 children Samuel died 26 April 1854 and John died 12 Feb 1814

Hope this helps you.
            Small correction required - the church was St Leonards.

Addition - John PIDWELL (junior) baptised 25 Dec 1812 at Pentonville, London
            Last edited by HTSCF Fareham; 04-10-18, 19:27.

Comment

Samuel PIDWELL - baptised 08 Aug 1808

Comment

Working...
              X