X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any people doind the cooperfamily tree on here

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
      Shell - welcome to FTF. You are doing fine.

I think it would help if you could take us backwards, starting with one of your ancestors who is dead, such as your grandfather or grannie. And if you tell us what birth, death and marriage certificates you've already got, we can ask about what is actually written on them.

That way we can all be sure that the people we find are actually related to you. It's very easy to latch on to another family with the same name and end up with a family tree that doesn't connect. From bitter experience we know it's easy to go wrong if you don't buy the certificates.

Happy hunting.
      hi it gos wilfred james cooper 1902 in ipswich suffolk. his father was spencer b 1874 battisford his father was jonathan 1832 battisford his father was thomas cooper 1790 his father was jonathan cooper b 1764 in combs suffolk his father was samuel cooper b 1711 in kettelbaston suffolk

Comment

Have you looked at the family trees that are on Ancestry and Tribal pages - see my posts nos.15 and 16.

Are they your trees - if not I would suggest you make contact with the person who has submitted them to see if they have any information that would be of help to you.
        Elaine

Comment

Hi Shell - that's a long way back. How have you connected to these folk? Have you got actual parish records to connect them to people in later generations?
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

yeah one is mine the other no reply

Comment

hi it gos wilfred james cooper 1902 in ipswich suffolk. his father was spencer b 1874 battisford his father was jonathan 1832 battisford his father was thomas cooper 1790 his father was jonathan cooper b 1764 in combs suffolk his father was samuel cooper b 1711 in kettelbaston suffolk

Comment

yes i have all that.info but cant get much info now so it a hit or mis

Comment

dose anyone here have any info on the cooper family in wattisham or battisford?
                  thanks you

Comment

maybe photos of the cooper family from wattisham ,,battisford

Comment

Hi again, Shell. Have you read any of the other replies at all? And are they starting to make any sense? You seem to be just firing off new questions.

You've mentioned several ancestors and given their birth dates.

Let's start with Wilfred James Cooper born 1902 Ipswich. Do you have his birth certificate? It will give his father's and mother's names.

You say his father was Spencer, born 1874 in Battisford. Is that the name on Wilfred's birth certificate? If so, do you have Spencer's marriage certificate and does it have the same wife's name on it?

Let's take it gently, one step at a a time!
                      Last edited by Uncle John; 01-03-09, 21:09.
                      Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Having looked at the 1901 census, this would appear to be your Spencer Cooper mentioned in the The Ipswich Journal, Saturday, December 10, 1898:

The Ipswich Journal December 10, 1898.jpg

Comment

Have you got Spencer's death certificate, Shell? It would give the address where he died, the name of an informant and their address (if you're lucky that could be another family member). The GRO ref for the cert is Ilford, vol 4a, p 816.

It is very likely that he would have been buried at the cemetery at Manor Park, it might be worth contacting them to find out.
                          Sue

Comment

hi thank you that info how did you find it..is there anything else like that you can find on the cooper family in that paper i forward from hearing from you
                            regards
                            shell

Comment

hi yes it say 1a manor rd ilford on the 24th march 1941
                              regards
                              shell

Comment

yes i know where he is buried
                                shell

Comment

help

anyone know anything on spencer jonathan cooper i would like to know anything on him after 1900 he was born in suffolk 1874 and die in ilford london/dagenham he died in 1941 i know he has more children out there and would like to hear from anyone who knows this man he is my gr gr grandad and i have never seen any pics of him he left he family from suffolk in about the 1900s and he had a son called edward/

anything please

regards shell

Comment

There's a Spencer Cooper (Carpenter and Thatcher) on the 1901 census with wife Henrietta and 2 daughters

Does that sound like that him ?
                                    ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

hi Rachel yes that sounds right. they are the family he left behind i am looking for what happen next i know he didnt married again but i do know he had a couple more children after leavin suffolk,
                                      regards
                                      shell

Comment

Originally posted by shell31 View Post
                                        hi Rachel yes that sounds right. they are the family he left behind i am looking for what happen next i know he didnt married again but i do know he had a couple more children after leavin suffolk,
                                        regards
                                        shell
                                        Woops
                                        Apologies ... must have been having a grey moment :o hadn't seen the rest of the thread
                                        ~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Rachel, it was a separate thread when you posted on it, but I merged it into this old one to save people going over the same ground again.
                                          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                                          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
                                          X