398348 names in the database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 398348 names in the database

With an updated GEDCOM or two added then we should be able to make the magic 400,000 names in our own little(?) FTF database.

If you haven't seen it before you can search the database and upload your own file via the following link.

Upload Your Gedcom
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Just updated mine - was only 12 new names, but every little helps!
    Elaine

Comment

:o Edit..

Now 398360 names in the database:D

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Did mine yesterday, try as I might I can't come up with any more yet.

It's easy to do, if you haven't tried, go on, have a go.

Comment

did it
          now
          wye surrey/london/birmingham
          lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
          hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
          ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
          herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
          armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

I should be able to add a hundred or so. I'll do it later on today.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

It's taken about half an hour if importing and exporting and fiddling around but I have now added another 226.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

....and I've updated mine and have added another 38 which is strange as I don't remember adding that many to my tree :o
                Sue

Comment

Now at 401629. That was quick!

Comment

That was a surprise, didn't realise I'd added another 55 people to my tree, I haven't done a lot lately.
                    Vivienne passed away July 2013

Comment

I thought the same, but when I uploaded my updated version a few days ago, there were about 100 new names.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                        I thought the same, but when I uploaded my updated version a few days ago, there were about 100 new names.
                        Perhaps the reason could be that if it is a long time since you updated, then the cut off period for names without a death date has changed with some of your ancestors?

Why I'm trying to say, and not very well, is that if you put them on a year ago and they were born 99 years ago, then now they were born 100 years ago and are now counted in the database.

Or of course, you have just entered a few deaths to existing names.

Comment

I went through my file and added "abt" dates to several entries based on freereg searches, previously they had no dates whatsoever so that's added a few to the total and with the success of the last few weeks i have added around 70 new names to the database.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

I've managed to add 77. Running total is now 401727.
                            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Good heavens, that's over 3000 names added since Glen started the thread.

It won't be long before we're up to 500,000 at this rate

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                                Good heavens, that's over 3000 names added since Glen started the thread.

It won't be long before we're up to 500,000 at this rate
                                I was about to say that since the thread started it's over 800 names per hour:D Perhaps i have been looking at too many job ads and the "per hour" theme is getting to me?

Also discovered today is that several folks have names from North Elmham (including a certain Heather PT who managed to slip a Horstead in there somewhere) AND *fanfare of trumpets* there is another Goulson name in the database, and for once it isn't one of mine.

The downside is that it's another one of Heather PT's names, she is getting a bit close for comfort, pmsl.
                                Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 03-02-09, 20:12.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Whoops - hadn't updated mine for ages - just added nearly 600 names!

Jane

Comment

I've just added another 12
                                    PAT

Comment

398348 names in the database

After struggling for over an hour - achievement, but 871 probably was worth the effort.

Marion

Comment

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Working...
                                        X