Ancestry annual sub for £35?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Glen
    I renewed my Ancestry basic on 14 Jan, just saw this and cancelled it.
    Done the Oz world one and still save a few quid, it makes me mad the way we get ripped of by everyone in this country.
    I owe you one.
    Many Thanks Alan.

Comment

Another bump
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
      My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
      My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

My UK sub. runs out in June. I wonder what offers there will be then.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Many thanks Glen

I didn't renew my sub in October because of the price hike. This is certainly a good deal.
          Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
            My UK sub. runs out in June. I wonder what offers there will be then.
            Time will tell Uncle John.

If Ancestry play hardball with the UK prices then it could come back to bite them so there may be some offer coming soon, they have already done 50% deals via the US site as well as the current offer via the Australian site......it would be too much to hope for 50% off here but we live in hope.

Also thanks to Alan and rkic for adding their replies.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

No wonder it's known as "Rip-off Britain", so many things are more expensive than the exact same thing in other parts of the world. This Ancestry thing is a classic example.
              Karen x

Comment

well I am so pleased I took the world one out I have already found a couple of mine on the us records which werent available on the UK subscription I had and for about the same price too.

Comment

I've just subscribed, my FMP subscription expires tomorrow and this was much cheaper so thought I'd give it a go!

Thanks for the tip!

Clare
                  Clare

Comment

Thanks for the link Glen.!!

I too have just renewed my Ancestry subs. through the Australian site. Have been waiting in vain since early December for an e mail from the UK site offering a discount...... am still waiting, so thought, well Australian Ancestry.....Here I Come!!!

UK Heritage works out, I think, about £39.85 at todays exchange rate. That'll do nicely thanks!

Glen...... you should be on commission!!!
                    Lesley

Comment

Originally posted by Punchs mum View Post
                      Thanks for the link Glen.!!

I too have just renewed my Ancestry subs. through the Australian site. Have been waiting in vain since early December for an e mail from the UK site offering a discount...... am still waiting, so thought, well Australian Ancestry.....Here I Come!!!

UK Heritage works out, I think, about £39.85 at todays exchange rate. That'll do nicely thanks!

Glen...... you should be on commission!!!
                      Lesley

I haven't had the begging e-mail after my sub expired either, perhaps they are using the UK price to sub the discount being offered? Or maybe the belief is that either the UK has a lot more potential customers willing to stand the price or Ancestry think they have cornered the market.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Another airing for the teatime arrivals

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Am I on the correct ancestry site its saying AUD$149.95

Comment

Use this link
                            New Idea - Ancestry.com.au

UK Heritage subscription $74.98/YR (50% discount off normal price)
                            World Heritage subscription $149.98/YR (50% discount off normal price)

... and welcome to FTF Bishenbertie.
                            Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by bishenbertie View Post
                              Am I on the correct ancestry site its saying AUD$149.95
                              I see Elaine beat me to it,

Using the link in the first post of this thread takes you straight to the sign up page on the Australian site.

There are two prices

AUS$74.98 is the UK records package

AUS$149.98 is the Worldwide package.

Both prices are subject to GST (Australian tax).

Margaret in Burton took the world package late last week and posted on the thread

Just paid

Initial Annual Membership Fee:

AUD $149.98
                              Tax:

AUD $22.50
                              Total:

AUD $172.48

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Thank you Glen
                                I have just subscribed to ancestry au; having not been a member of ancestry for around two years I was surprised to see my previous searches and shoebox listed on there.....scarey
                                Kathleen

Comment

Originally posted by Kath nr the Crooked Spire View Post
                                  Thank you Glen
                                  I have just subscribed to ancestry au; having not been a member of ancestry for around two years I was surprised to see my previous searches and shoebox listed on there.....scarey
                                  Sold to the lady near the wibbly wobbly pow

They don't forget who you are, they just forget to tempt you back with a discount :D
                                  Last edited by Glen in Tinsel Knickers; 21-01-09, 08:31.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

This may have been asked before can you subscribe now to add to the subscription already held as mine is not up until August?

Thanks

Jill

Comment

Originally posted by dahaniuk View Post
                                      This may have been asked before can you subscribe now to add to the subscription already held as mine is not up until August?

Thanks

Jill

Hi Jill

You can't "bolt" one on to the end of another so to speak, with your current sub only being half way through then there isn't much that you can do to save some expense,

If you took advantage of the Aussie ofer then it would mean you have to do one of two things

i. Cancel your existing sub, (but you don't get a refund on any unused months) and take the Australian offer.

ii. Take the Australian offer, keep your existing sub and have two memberships. (but you might need two different user names).

Assuming your existing sub is based on the current prices you have at least £48 you can't get back so either way you will find it cheaper to keep your existing sub and hunt around again before your renewal.

Unfortunately because you still have a sub until August the timing of the current Australian offer doesn't work in your favour.

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780

Comment

Hi Glen

Thank you for that I didn't think I would be able to but thought I would ask just in case.

Regards
                                        Jill

Comment

Thanks Glen, subs ended last Oct and I felt it was too expensive as I have FMP too, this made it acceptable. ;) :D
                                          Buttercup

Comment

Working...
                                          X