No announcement yet.

1911 census beta test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just found my great grandmother aged 1 living with her parents in STaffordshire.

Can't seem to find many of my London rellies though.

Remembering: Cuthbert Gregory 1889 - 1916, George Arnold Connelly 1886 - 1917, Thomas Lowe Davenport 1890 - 1917, Roland Davenport Farmer 1885 - 1916, William Davenport Sheffield 1879 - 1915, Cuthbert Gregory 1918 - 1944

Comment

right ive done my lot. can i have Yorkshire now please
      Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

just found granny dean in a childrens home with a brother and sister :( I thought she would be in bedford but it looks like the younger ones were put into care.

Comment

Good isn't it !

I've just found my Paternal Grandfather..............not sure if I'm going to pay though for the credits...................pricey at present.

Comment

Isn't it brill, found my grand dad and a gt.gt.grandad so far

Comment

I've just had the e-mail from FMP inviting me to use the Beta version of the 1911 census:

"The beta version of the site will only be available for a limited period of time in December, so please do not hesitate if you would like to use the site.

Please be aware that you will have to pay for transcripts and original pages, as you would at launch. If you already have existing pay-per-view units on findmypast.com, you will be able to use these on the beta site. The beta site will only be available for a short period of time, but you will be able to use up any unused credits on the records on findmypast.com or on 1911census.co.uk when it launches next year. Please note that findmypast.com subscriptions are not valid on the beta site. "

It looks as though it's a good thing that I have done my Christmas shopping! I wonder how long we have!
              Elizabeth
              Research Interests:
              England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
              Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Have got transcripts of husband's London grandparents. Don't want to use up all my credits but am now down to 60, so that's either 6 more transcripts or 2 images!
                ~ with love from Little Nell~
                Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I've just done the questionnaire that came with the e-mail, but as I haven't paid for any units a lot of the questions weren't applicable.
                  Elizabeth
                  Research Interests:
                  England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
                  Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Oh, trust them to choose a day when I've been really busy setting up our new computer! Now's the first time I've had a chance to go online all day really and I will just about get to download one page before I have to get off. Still, if I had been able to spend all day looking at it, it could have worked out very expensive! Anyway, I'm just waiting for my grandfather's family to download... you can't look at an image online now apparently because too many people were viewing, so it's download only. Can't wait to see the image....
                    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

If you wish to access the census you should register with the official 1911 Census website
                      Welcome to the official 1911 Census website

You will then receive an email from Findmypast giving you the web address of the beta version site.

For information: the beta period will end on December 22nd but unused credits may be used on the site when it goes live or on findmypast.com
                      Elaine

Comment

Well, so far I've only found 2 of my Londoners - but though they are listed neither transcript or original is available. Off to try some more names...

Comment

Now found my nan with parents and 6 siblings, brilliant to have copies of signatures too.

Comment

Yay!!! My grandad has 2 more sisters.......
                            Rosi

We are the famous CFC

Comment

I've found another couple, certain they are mine, with a chap I don't know, and the female of the couple is listed as "sister" which is definitely wrong. Not going to fork out to see the original page though.
                              ~ with love from Little Nell~
                              Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

i have been looking through and found the only two that i have in london.

however i have not paid to view anything yet because it says that the credits can be used to view fmp as well.

what concerns me is that i have a years sub to fmp and am worried that if i buy the credits they will use them when i view fmp. i cant find anything that says this won't happen.

the 49.95 for 600 credits means i will only be able to see 20 originals, or obviously less images if i look at the transcript 1st.. going to have to search really carefully before viewing as this is going to be real expensive game. :(

please excuse lower case typing.

ps
                                they show you a sample on the site of the transcript and the origial page. it looks fantastic as you seethe whole page. however if the household was big you will have to see a second page in the transcripts which will cost you another 10 credits. however for the original ..30 cr.. you see everything. it includes marriage age and how many children they had irrespective of whether they are in that particular household. therefore you would know whether or not to look for another sibling elsewhere.
                                Last edited by Katarzyna; 19-12-08, 18:46.
                                Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I have found my mother's older brother aged 2 living with his maternal grandparents (which I already knew he did) plus their younger children.

What was a shock was the accounting of the children born and died! So many more siblings of my grandmother than she ever talked about!

How many years married 27 years

Total children born alive = 16
                                  Children still living = 6
                                  Children who have died = 10!!!
                                  Last edited by Guest; 19-12-08, 19:08.

Comment

Do we know when a filmed version will be available in libraries, record offices etc?

In 1911, I still have a lot of "regionalised" families in rural areas - a morning or afternoon session in the local reference library usually tracks down loads of people.
                                    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Desperate for Lancashire - have no-one in the 4 counties mentioned

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Oh Lord, I got sooo excited - until I read that you had to buy credits!! I'm miffed as I have a full paid-up subscription. Happy days........

Gwyn
                                        Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
                                          Oh Lord, I got sooo excited - until I read that you had to buy credits!! I'm miffed as I have a full paid-up subscription. Happy days........

Gwyn
                                          Yes I have a subscription for Find my Past that goes on well into 2009 but like someone earlier in the thread said I couldn't resist it when I found my mother's family and bought credits.

I was registered for updates and the beta version didn't realise the beta would be quite so soon. Lucky enough most of my family were in London in 1911.

Comment

Working...
                                          X