ship passenger info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ship passenger info

Where can I find ships passenger info for sailings from Canada to Le Havre France in the early 1950's?

My Mom along with my Grandma and Uncle went to Le Havre in early 1953 and carried on by boat train to Zweibrucken airbase in Germany where my Grandfather was stationed with the RCAF.

I know that they travelled on the Samaria and returned to Canada in 1956 on the Homeric. I've only been able to find records for ships entering the UK or US, all info for Canada seems to peter out around 1935.

This is The National Archives information about Passengers Lists.

~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I suppose you would need to look in either Canadian or French archives, though you probably know that already!
      KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
      (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

You might just be lucky if the ship continued to a British port. Passengers boarding and leaving along the voyage are also listed. I must admit that all of mine have landed at a British port (e.g. at Plymouth on a voyage ending in London). The Ancestry database isn't very good at finding ships and voyages without a passenger name.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
          I suppose you would need to look in either Canadian or French archives, though you probably know that already!
          do you have a weblink for the french archives? I haven't found one yet.

Comment

Archives de France | Page d'accueil
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
            X