1841 look up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 look up

Any help please,im looking for a Charles Miller Burtt in 1841,he was born in Middlesex,Clerkenwell about 1819.
    He married in 1841 West London,1st Qtr to Mary Ann Healey,1851 census he was in 4,Caledonian Cottages,Hackney,a Book Clasper.
    His father was Thomas Burtt and mother Elizabeth Miller,any help would be great,i have tried,but without any luck,Dave.

No luck with census so far, but IGI has his marriage to Mary Ann, 10 FEB 1841 Saint Bride Fleet St, London
    batch # M022421

Since 1841 census was taken at the beginning of June, he should be with Mary Ann on census somewhere. Off for another trawl.
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I can't find him in 1851 either, do you have the reference?

Comment

Think this is the 1851. I can't see them in 1841.

HO107; Piece: 1504; Folio: 88; Page: 50
        Fiona. xx

Comment

Yes I found it msyelf just now, thanks Fiona.

I was looking for any children who might have been born very soon after the marriage, but Charles junior is a respectable 9.

I see the next household has Thomas Burt ironmonger with wife Mary, presumably Charles Miller Burt/t's parents.

Comment

You mean James Burt, think this is him in 1841, Ironmonger but not much help as he's not got any family with him. Maybe he was an uncle.

HO107; Piece 700; Book: 2; Folio: 16; Page: 27
            Fiona. xx

Comment

Do I? I stand corrected. I'm not having much success anyway, finding them, sorry. I think I need to stop and have a cuppa. Hope someone else is able to help Dave.

Comment

There's this couple transcribed as Brett but Charles is a Green Grocer. Can't see the name on the image too clearly to decide if it could be Burtt.

HO107; Piece 659; Book: 10; Folio: 20; Page: 32
                Fiona. xx

Comment

No forget the Brett couple they're still around in 1851 unfortunatly. Sorry I'm not having any luck.

HO107; Piece: 1517; Folio: 317; Page: 41
                  Fiona. xx

Comment

None of my favourite tricks has wheedled them out, either. Sorry.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There are some parts of 1841 census missing. One is for Hersham, Surrey where I KNOW my GGG grandparents were :(
                      Maybe your Burtts were in one of the missing areas. In Middlesex, the parishes of St Luke, Paddington and part of Kensington are missing.
                      Last edited by LangleyValeSue; 28-09-08, 19:58.
                      My avatar is my Great Grandmother Emma Gumbert

Sue at Langley Vale

Comment

Hi thanks for that marriage,i never had the exact place,so thanks,i see that someone else found the 1851 census,and i also never noticed the James Burtt so something to lok into,so many thanks for your help,Dave.

Comment

Thanks for looking Fiona,realy kind of you,ive now got to find who this James Burtt is

Comment

Thanks the info on the missing bits of the 1841 census,Dave.

Comment

1841 look up

Thanks Christine,ive also tried lots of differant name variations,but thanks,Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X