Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*wonders if she wrote a will?*

Comment

Good thinking. Libby said she was sure to have left one.

Anyone going to be visiting a RO with the National Probate Calendar in the near future?

Comment

Dorset wills database service:

Wills Database Service

Comment

Well, now that we have a year of death, I could easily call in and look it up on my way into town in the next couple of days. Must jot down that surname, though - it won't be as easy to remember as Ariel!
          KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
          (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
            Good thinking. Libby said she was sure to have left one.

Anyone going to be visiting a RO with the National Probate Calendar in the near future?

Helllloooooooooo??!

Anyone looking at their laptop whilst visiting a Record Office this afternoon???? lolol

Comment

Anyone in Holborn this afternoon??!

Comment

Well, if I'd seen it before I went out, I could have gone this afternoon but unfortunately I didn't see it till I got home (didn't go to Holborn, just that I went past the record office!).
                KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
                (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

lol Kite!! Never Mind.....We will have to ask Mary to look more quickly next time :D

Comment

Originally posted by KiteRunner View Post
                    Well, if I'd seen it before I went out, I could have gone this afternoon but unfortunately I didn't see it till I got home..........
                    Completely off topic but i'm in a wacky mood;
                    It kind of reminds me of the old joke, where the parents send a letter to the son and finish it with "we would have put our new address on the letter but we had already sealed the envelope".
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/50125734@N06/

Joseph Goulson 1701-1780
                    My sledging hammer lies declined, my bellows too have lost their wind
                    My fire's extinct, my forge decay'd, and in the dust my vice is laid

Comment

Just had a quick look at the Times, but there doesn't seem to be an obit for her.

Comment

Hmmmm......lol! (To Glen!)

Comment

Does anyone have time to look at the overseas marriages? I really should get some work done.

It probably took place in Rome between 1891 and 1893.

Comment

I don't have access to them any more..........

Comment

Had a quick look at the consular marriages on FMP, but I can't see it.

Of course, they may have married in an Italian church and not registered the marriage with the Consulate. There are no central records in Italy, but it might be worth an e-mail to the Rome city council (no idea how helpful they are - Italian councils often aren't).

Some pics of the Bompiani house in Rome here:

A Family of Painters

Self-portrait of Roberto:

Immagine: Db312.jpg - Wikipedia

I was hoping to find a portrait of Mary, but I haven't so far. According to one site, he painted his first wife and children from the 1870s.
                              Last edited by Mary from Italy; 10-09-08, 17:10.

Comment

Any German speakers around?

The names of Roberto and Mary Eyre Bompiani appear in this register, and I'm wondering what it's all about:

Handschriften, Autographen, Nachlässe - Registersuche

Some kind of art gallery catalogue?

I speak a tiny bit of German, but it'll take me ages to translate it with a dictionary.
                                Last edited by Mary from Italy; 10-09-08, 18:32.

Comment

I viewed a translated version of the page and am still none the wiser! lol

Comment

No, Babelfish is useless - I never use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary from Italy View Post
                                      No, Babelfish is useless -
                                      Erm.....I don't even know what that is?!!

Comment

It was the first online machine translation program. The name comes from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Comment

The name comes from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
                                          Ah, I thought it sounded vaguely familiar!

Erm.......how many hours different is Oz? Does she get up early??

*taps fingers on desk*

Comment

Working...
                                          X