X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers Margaret ;;;your info would be good about what you think about it
    borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

It has more to offer than 2008 in the way of charts and reports etc but I still don't think that adding new data is as easy as in 2006.

As in 2008 though, I like the way when you click on a person it tells you how they are related to the home person without having to calculate on relationships.

Early days though, I will probably find more the more I play with it, or the more that folks on here tell me :D:D

Comment

How long did it take to arrive from your order time Margaret?

Comment

Margaret thats the one thing I do like about it the way it shows relationships like that

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
            How long did it take to arrive from your order time Margaret?
            Ordered on the 18th Sept and received yesterday 22nd. Not bad saying it said it can take up to 6 weeks.

Comment

I've just tried installing the upgrade I've bought, and it's playing havoc with my computer! All sorts of error messages and stuff I don't understand - arrrggghhh! :o

I bought it from TWR Computing, as Elaine suggested, so I'm waiting for their helpline chap to work out what all the numbers and codes mean.

I knew I'd need to set aside a couple of hours! :( Hope it's worth it when it's installed.

Bee.
              Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
              COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

I don't understand why you are getting those Bee. I installed mine very quickly with no problem. Perhaps you have a faulty disc?

Comment

Mine went straight on as well as a new program ;;

Comment

My full copy arrived from TWR today couldn't have the freebie as mine was too old, and has installed no problem. Have imported one of my small twigs from 2005 no problem, but although I have activated my free account and registered product and received confirmation email, when I try and connect to the hints that are showing against an individual I keep getting a message to say Programme not registered. So I am slightly confused. Any ideas please???

Comment

Hmm I wonder if you have two different user names/passwords on the go? Give ancestry a ring, they usually sort it out for you over the phone when you have this sort of prob.

Comment

Well, the chap at TWR Computing thinks it's something to do with my operating programme, or something like that.

Perhaps I should ask for help on the 'Computer' board?

Bee.

PS - On the plus side, I've managed to haggle retrospectively with ancestry about my non-receipt of my month's free subs that I should have had with the 2008 version, and the big hike in subs from the £52 I paid in June last year to £79.95 this year. She's refunding £73.29, giving me a free month, and charging me £66.72 from Oct. Not bad!
                        Last edited by Bee; 25-09-08, 09:49. Reason: Added a PS
                        Bee~~~fuddled.

Searching for BANKS, MILLER, MOULTON from Lancs and Cheshire; COX from Staffordshire and Birmingham;
                        COX, HALL, LAMBDEN, WYNN, from Hants and Berks; SYMES (my mystery g'father!) from anywhere near Bournemouth.

Comment

I have hunted high and low and cannot find the phone number for ancestry could anyone point me in the right direction please???

Comment

Ancestry - 0800 404 9723.

I think they're only functioning after 3pm, but I might be wrong.

Bee.
                            Bee~~~fuddled.

Comment

Thankyou Bee.

Comment

Working...
                              X