Scottish/Borders surname query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh, yes please Glyn!

I am stuckety stuck with this lot, whatever spelling I try and Smyttam seems a good possible.

Thanks, my tinselled hero!

OC

Comment

Did you ever find any more about your Nisbets I am researching what i believe to be Johns brother Richard--I have sent you a private message

Originally posted by Olde Crone Holden View Post
      Kate

No, I cannot trace any of the baptisms of the children of John Nisbet and Helen Smeakin.

They had (from Helen's death cert - she died in 1855, so wonderfully informative)

4 daughters, Isabella aged 54, Margaret aged 50, Helen died 1807 aged 11 and Helen aged 48.

The death cert goes on to say Helen (Smeakin) was born in Berwick but lived 49 years in Nigg, widow of John Nisbet, Overseer Salmon Fishing.

(Note - Margaret is NOT the one baptised in Berwick in 1806, daughter of James Nisbet and Margaret Thompson - I've been down that wrong alley already!)

OC

Comment

Hello Jean

I have replied to your email address this morning. I have not progressed any further back with this line but my brother has recently taken a dna test which we hope may help.

I did wonder if Richard and John were brothers but could find no proof.

OC

Comment

Working...
        X