No announcement yet.

Legacy 7 SourceWriter now includes UK Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just popping in here so I can myself again. lol.

I'm still using Legacy 6 Deluxe but looking at the new Australian version. I've had a few problems with it lately (can't get the deluxe version to come up so using the freebie) but they are problems from my end when Windows crashed rather than Legacy.

Comment

Libby, you never said if you still have the password you were given when you bought Legacy 6 Deluxe. Is that the reason you can't reload it?

Beverley

Comment

Beverly,

You can check marriages more than 80 yrs ago and deaths more than 70 yrs ago on the vital stats website: Province of Manitoba | Database Searches

Latest census that we have access to is 1911, so that's no help.

There will be city directories at the library, but don't know about online. If you gave me some names I could check for you.

The three cemeteries that are managed by the city can be searched online at City of Winnipeg : Municipal Cemeteries

If not found in Winnipeg, the Brandon municipal cemetery is also online at Brandon Online Cemetery Search

Oops, just noticed you already looked at the vital stats.

The Manitoba Genealogical Society has transcribed over 1200 cemeteries, i.e., most of them; all on paper at their office/library. They might have these indexed on their computers, but not available externally to their office.

That's all I can think of right now, getting late .. time I was in bed.

Hope this is some help to you.

Lynda

Comment

Thanks for your response Lynda. I'm really trying to find a death for OHs gt grandmother, Mary McKinlay,b.1848. I know she was with her daughter in Winnipeg at one stage...but she may just as easily have died in Montreal...or with her other daughter in Iowa. Just drawing a long bow at an insubstantial target.

Beverley

Comment

Beverly,

Checked for her death in Manitoba, nothing close; that would be up to 1937 .. she would be about 90.

Checked the Ontario BMDs. Found a Mary McKinley, widow, about the right age, parents James and Mary Bootlear, daughter Mrs C Grimsby. Another one Mary McKinley, parents William Penner and Catherine Cook, husband William McKinley.

Checked the US 1930 census - only one Mary McKinley in Iowa, husband Samuel.

Do you have her daughter's name and address in Winnipeg? I could check the city directories next time I'm down at the library.

Lynda

Comment

Working...
            X