X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You always know who your Mother is

Comment

Errr...no, you don't, James!

My friend found out in her 60s that her mother was her auntie. They lied to the registrar.

OC

Comment

My stepgrandfather certainly didn't know who his mother was for many years - he was brought up by three "aunts" and it was only when he finally got to see his full birth certificate that he found out which of his aunts was really his mother.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

thats what I thought !!! cannot see them giving him leave from Africa , other than maybe he got compassionate leave ??

Comment

I suppose it's possible that he returned to the UK and it isn't on the records, but it looks unlikely, having looked at those pages. He only arrived in N Africa December 1942, and it mentions a posting 21st Feb 1943 (still in N Africa) and it seems pretty unlikely that he went back to the UK and then back to Africa between those dates, don't you think?
            KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
            (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Working...
            X