No announcement yet.

New Australian immigration records online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it 's very good - pity it doesn't have all years.

Comment

Thanks for the def. too. I suppose me must have been trading with the far east: I can't see the average Ozzie having a use for sea cucmbers: they don't look very meaty. In fact one of those pictures looks more like a t*rd!
      Phoenix - with charred feathers
      Researching Skillings from Norfolk, Sworn from Salisbury and Adams in Malborough, Devon.

Comment

help please

Hi I also had the same problem with Ancestry. money, money money....Iam looking for Emily Linsey born approx 1894. She seemed to travel backwards and forwards as I have found her 3 times usually departing London and arriving in Sydney.I just dont know if she is the right one....mine was born 1894 in Grantham Lincs and was married in 1914 but widowed in 1925. Any help at all please.

Comment

Hi Larkspur,

I can't see her anywhere on the Ancestry passenger lists, but there is an Emily Linsey b. 1894 going to Australia in 1955 on the FindmyPast lists, and two E. Linseys born around the same date, travelling in 1929 and 1933, who may be her. I'm afraid I can't do you a look-up, because I don't have a subscription to FMP.

I can't see her on the Australian electoral rolls, at least, not with the spelling Linsey.
          Do you know which State she lived in?

Comment

Working...
          X