• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the 1859 date is a red herring?
    ~ with love from Little Nell~
    Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

I think the 1859 is part of the reference from LMA

it says after it [nd] which usually means they have no date for the document in the indexes
      Zoe in London

Cio che Dio vuole, io voglio ~ What God wills, I will

Comment

Hi

Thanks for all these, currently decorating so only just come back, apologies for delay!

Zoe, I wouldn't get too hung up on spelling, Bellenger/Bellinger both were often used in the records I've found relating to my family.

I cannot be 100% sure this Francis Bellinger is a relative. I do have the Francois/Francis b.1776, so could be him in old age, was hoping there'd be a newspaper report to confirm this or otherwise, before going searching for the doc at LMA. The Francis born in Marylebone is unrelated, and in any case as stated still alive 1861.

Comment

Merry, the Frances who died in 1838 is a 21 year old girl, cousin of my 4x great grandfather, so the suicide does not relate to her.

Comment

Originally posted by samesizedfeet View Post
            would have been easier had you told us any of this, Richard

i.e. the death was in the 1840s, he may be recorded as Francois, accurate spelling should be Bellenger, you alreadu have the baptism so know rough birthdate.........
            I'd misremembered the reference I'd seen, Zoe, i.e 1850's rather than 1840's. I don't know for certain the two men are actually the same, that one source, but I have most of the other Bellengers in the area accounted for so strongly likely.

Comment

Richard

I've tried every combination I can think of on Gale and haven't seen anything on the suicide of Francis.

Your best bet is going to be looking at it at the LMA as hopefully it will give you a bit identifying info
              Zoe in London

Comment

Just to update you I've had a look at some other files in the middlesex court sessions on A2A and it does look like the 1859 is indeed a red herring, this is the code rather than the date.

Comment

If it helps the info I have on Francis is he was a tea-broker in the city of London 38 East Cheap.

Comment

oooh - the Clementsons were Tea Merchants!!!
                    Zoe in London

Comment

Yes that's right Zoe, William Clemetson worked on road round the corner and his brother John Clemetson had a Grocers and Tea shop on Upper Thames Street, two or three streets away. Their uncle Peter Clemetson had a clipper in Whitehaven, which is I'm guessing why they moved down to London and who supplied them! I've always theorised that this is probably how Julia Clemetson met George, through his uncle and her father... tragic though their match turned out to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X