NBI & Findmypast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBI & Findmypast

I am interested in these but am I right in thinking a subscription to their site is £54 for only 6 months?

How much would it cost to buy the NBI on disc & where would I get them from?

Thanks

Joanie

Try here S&N Genealogy Supplies - Software, UK Census and Data CDs it's priced at £37.45

L

Comment

I'm not sure if it's worth buying the disc (which has very patchy coverage) when look-ups are so cheap on FHOL:

This shows the databases it includes - the burials are mostly from the NBI.

Please identify yourself – Family History Online

Comment

NBI info here
        FFHS - Projects - NBI overview
        Important to check coverage before you buy.
        Discs can be purchased from GENfair - cost about 40pounds.

I paid something like 85 pounds for an annual Explorer package on Findmypast - I think it was a discount offer. FMP also give a 20% loyalty discount if you renew your subscription annually - so no having to phone and haggle for the best possible price!

Some of the NBI information on FMP is not on the discs, and I think some of the info on the discs is not on FMP!

FMP are gradually taking over the information on FamilyHistoryonline so I think in the future it will be a very useful resource. Well its a good resource now, but you know what I mean!!
        Elaine

Comment

I recently bought 60 units on FMP which are valid for 90 days because I wanted to look at some things on NBI and a couple of other bits. It costs £6.95.

At this stage there isn't enough on there that warrants me taking out a sub but I may consider it in the future.

Jackie
          Jackie

Comment

Thanks everyone !

Jackie I couldn't see that on the link they sent me

Does that give you access to all their databases do you know?

If that's the case then it would be well worth £7 !! Does that include unlimited use/look ups?

Joanie

Comment

I think if you go on the home page and click on "Pay per view" on the right it tells you. You can then click on the "how many units will I be charged" bit. It depends how much you want to look up and what sort of records they are but its worth having a look at. It seems that you can access all the records but some cost more units than others.

When I did it I reckoned that if I found a lot more than I had expected I could either buy more pay per view or a sub. If I read it correctly though, only the most expensive sub gives you unlimited access to all of their records.

Jackie
              Jackie

Comment

Working...
              X