BMDRegisters query....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMDRegisters query....

I have just downloaded a couple of images from BMDRegisters....

One is a burial register page and as I know the people on it were Quakers and the dates are written in the Quaker format I know this is a Quaker burial register.

The other page are baptisms. The one I'm interested in and three of the others on the page give the family details and "baptised at home by me, Samuel Burder". The fifth entry was not at home, and luckily includes the words, "baptised at the Independent Meeting House" and the date. From the IGI I believe this independent church was at St Albans, Herts.

My Q is, is there somewhere I have not seen yet, that tells me the name of the book I am looking at images from?

I'm guessing I have to be clever with the page refs....

RG4/623 (for the bap)

RG6/393 (burial)

How do I find out more?

Comment

Two possibilities:
      (a) use more credits at BMD Registers by clicking on 'Full Details' as well as looking at the Page Image.

(b) go to The National Archives | the Catalogue and enter the RG number in the 'Go to reference' box at the top left corner.

Comment

Oh right.....well, as b) is free I'll try that!!

Thanks

Comment

are you sure about those refs I can't get any sense out of TNA catalogue using them
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
            are you sure about those refs I can't get any sense out of TNA catalogue using them
            I found.......for RG4/623:

Scope and content HERTFORDSHIRE: St Albans, Spier Street (Independent): Births & Baptisms
            Covering dates 1796-1837
            Availability Open Document, Open Description, Normal Closure before FOI Act: 30 years, Ordering of digital and microform copies for specific references is not currently possible, as this series is undergoing digitisation. You can access microform copies at The National Archives.
            Former reference (Department) 32:I
            Held by The National Archives, Kew

and for RG6/393

Scope and content DEVON: Monthly Meeting of the East Division of Devon (comprising Exeter, Barnstaple, Collumpton, etc): Exeter Monthly Meeting, East Division: Burials
            Covering dates 1795-1837
            Availability Open Document, Open Description, Normal Closure before FOI Act: 30 years, Ordering of digital and microform copies for specific references is not currently possible, as this series is undergoing digitisation. You can access microform copies at The National Archives.
            Former reference (Department) 420
            Held by The National Archives, Kew

which was all I needed to know

Comment

Originally posted by Little Nell View Post
              If you search with those references at the TNA home page you get 'not found'. But if you go to the catalogue (which is where the link I gave takes you) and do the search there, you get the results as reported.

Comment

Working...
              X