Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quaker records have been added to BMD Registers site

BMD Registers: The Official Non-Parochial BMDs Service

Just got TNA newsletter - typical, just when the kids get home from school and then the weekend!
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Oh well...

Sorry, there is a temporary problem with our database. Please try again later.
    KiteRunner

Comment

That's funny, did it say when they added them?

Comment

I had an e-mail from the National Archives at lunch time today and I have printed off 47 results (but haven't paid to look them up).

I already had the information from a contact of my Mum's who has become a family friend and who researches the Jeffcoat side of my family.
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Elizabeth, what was the National Archives email about?

Comment

Merry, it's about wills, and then it mentions the Non-Conformist registers

The National Archives | Getting started | Family History | Births, marriages and deaths
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

is it just me, or is it running really slowly?
              Vikki -
              Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Oh, I see, thanks!

The Quaker records I've been debating about buying have been on BMDRegisters for ages! I'll have to get one to see what extra info they include.....

Comment

It must be overloaded - not bringing up anything at mo - Merry this is what they have:

New online - a new partnership project between The National Archives and S&N Genealogy Supplies means that you can now access images of these records online. BMD Registers provides access to the non-parochial and nonconformist registers 1567-1840, held in RG 4, RG 5 and RG6. This includes the births, marriages and burials certificates and notes of the Society of Friends' (Quakers) plus the birth registry of Baptist, Presbyterian and Protestant Dissenters (known as 'Dr Williams Library'). Basic searching is free of charge, but there is a fee for advanced searching and to download images.

Comment

Thanks Heather

*prepares list*

*worries about getting a second mortgage*

Comment

I looked mine up as soon as I got the e-mail, and it was really fast.

Now more people have received the e-mail I reckon it is overloaded!

I might pay to view just my direct ancestors, but not siblings etc.
                      Elizabeth
                      Research Interests:

Comment

Am I right in thinking you have to be careful about entries (births and baps) recorded as London, when they may be somewhere else entirely?

I've just seen two of my relatives listed as surname Reading, when that is where they got married.....surname should be Smith! lol

Comment

Can you report that Merry? I cant even get on there, it starts loading, takes ages, I enter a name and it just goes back to the search page :(

Comment

Sorry, I can't get back in!! (It was lunchtime today I was looking!)

Comment

I think it's broken at the moment, Heather!
                              KiteRunner

Comment

Now working. If you choose "page image" for one of the Quaker births (RG6) you (may) get a full two pages from the register including the one you searched for, and maybe some of the other entries will turn out to be related. Very nice.
                                KiteRunner

Comment

Working...
                                X