No announcement yet.

GRO and certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had the same problem, and when i rang them they said that they had backlog of about 3 days because they were installing a new system and were having a few teething problems, also i ordered a birth and a death and they came separately, apparently births deaths and marriages are sent out that way so if you or 3 births 2 deaths and 1 marriage, then the same items come together.

Comment

All of mine have come in separate envelopes - just 1 cert in each, even if they arrive all on the same day and no matter how many of a particular type of cert I ordered.
      Sarah

Comment

1 death cert down, 1 to go.

Poor man died in the workhouse!
        Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Sue I got the death certificate I was waiting for today no help to me as he also died in the Workhouse age 87

Comment

I've still not received my last one from the 18th. Going to e-mail them now.

But, being a glutton for punishment, last night I sent for 2 more - 1 marriage and an overseas death. Due out on the 2nd.
            Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

I've just ordered 5 certs - desp date 6th May.

Comment

Oxygen cylinder empty - need a refill. Still no certs today (2 marriage ones) with despatch date 21st!
                Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Nipped home at lunchtime - still nothing. Starting to get really cheesed off now. It's a week since I received the 6th of my 7 - what possible reason can there be for one being still missing?
                  Helen

Comment

Helen, Even I have to say nipping home at lunchtime to check the certificates is sad!

But, my one is still not here, I've sent an email, just waiting for a response now.
                    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

I didn't nip home to check for certificates. Checking on poorly hubby!

But I happened to notice that there weren't any certs in the post.
                      Helen

Comment

Number 1 of 7 death certificate has arrived today.

It's a right one but who the **** is Thomas Smith who made his mark and registered the death? and was in attendance but no relationship given?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Nothing yesterday - beginning to think that it is a conspiracy to stop me starting a new line of research :(! Still awaiting 2 marriage certs with dispatch date of 21st April!
                          Home time can't come quick enough! (and of course I want to see OH, my dau and the kitten! )
                          Bo

Comment

Today I got three certs,
                            Ordered 22 April
                            Despatch date 29th

Mind you I do live in Southport, but anyone who is still waiting for certs due for despatch on 21st I would defintely check up on them.

Dog's have Owners, Cats have Staff
                            It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser

Comment

Helen, I understand!

But, no certificate today, and no reply to the email I sent yesteday either. (Dispatch due 21st)
                              Sue x

Comment

I phoned yesterday to inquire about my missing cert from the 18th.

She explained about the backlog, and said any from the 18th were due out yesterday (although that doesn't explain why I've already got 6 of 'em). She told me to give it another week.

The ones due out on the 24th will be a few days late, but the ones that are due out on the 2nd should be ok, because they expect to have cleared the backlog by then.

The new computer systen isn't to do with online applications, she said.

Today, I received one from my '24th' batch. Still short on the '18th', but at least my hunch was correct with this one. Hope the other 2 are as well.
                                Helen

Comment

Rushed home in eager anticipation yesterday - still no certs! If they are not at home this evening then I will ring tomorrow. (I've had one from the 21st (birth) but still awaiting 2 marriages)
                                  Bo

Comment

None today - still waiting for 6 death certs.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Not for me either, and still no reply to my email!
                                      Sue x

Comment

Sue - your post doesn't fill me with joy for my return home this evening.....
                                        Bo

Comment

I've got 2 more today - but I think they've sent the wrong one for one of 'em. I didn't keep a record so I can't prove it.

I wanted Thomas Needham d O-N-D 1857 Bakewell v7b p383

and got

Thomas Needhamd O-N-D 1856 Basford v 7b p75.

All the names and numbers I type in stay in a kind of drop down when I order.

I have ordered from both Bakewell & Basford and obviously from vol 7b. But I don't have either page 383 or 75 listed.

Update
                                          Have now phoned about the wrong cert - it wasn't what I ordered, but I'd entered the wrong reference anyway, so they'd attempted to find the right one.

Think I'd have preferred the partial refund. Previously, if I'd got the ref wrong, this is what happens. Where do I stand with this?
                                          Last edited by Helen Smith Too; 01-05-08, 20:00.
                                          Helen

Comment

Working...
                                          X