No announcement yet.

GRO and certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished speaking to the lovely Maeve and my marriage certificates with dispatch date of 21 April (7 days after I ordered them on 14 April) were dispatched yesterday (6 May) so I should get them by the weekend.

Maeve said that if they hadn't arrived by Monday to ring her again and she'd arrange duplicates.

Lovely lady - but I wouldn't want her job at the moment!
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

The ongoing saga.....I have just received an email from Worldpay, letting me know I have a £4.00 refund. Now I know I get this when I've been silly and coppied something down wrong. But I've had no email from GRO telling me I've got something wrong! So I checked....on FreeBMD and the page image on Ancestry. As far as I can see it's right!

I phoned again, and after about 10 minutes the lady (Maureen) said she had found a note on the file to say I'd given the wrong reference. I told her I had double checked, and as far as I was concerned I had not made a transcription error. She checked and agrees with me! The lady who had actually rejected it was on the phone so couldn't be spoken to, but they will look into it and hopefully send it out by the end of next week! Maureen seemed surprised that I had received a refund without notification of the reason.

It's not going at all smoothly
      Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Delays are annoying but it is the ignorance or sloppiness that worries me. Yet again there is a mistake in the typed heading of the certificate above the photocopy: a fortnight ago I had a certificate that located Norwich in Warwickshire, and now I have had one for a cross-county border district that is supposedly in Norfolk and Staffordshire. Do the people in Southport know so little of their own country?

Peter

Comment

Well I rec mine this morning with a despatch day of 12th May..

]

Comment

I have just ordered 2 certs with a despatch date the 15th May

Comment

Finally received my outstanding certificate today. Now I just need a response to the e-mail I sent about the incorrect cert.
              Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

Just thought I'd let you know the latest, My errant death certificate arrived yesterday, Saturday, 10th, first class post, (still folded, but you can't have everything) dispatched 8th May, (ordered 15th April!)the day of the last phone call. So I'm quite pleased, don't know if they are going to ask for my refund back!!!

I'll order a few more now!
                Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Still waiting here! If they aren't awaiting me when I get home from work tomorrow then another phone call will be in order I think.
                  Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Anyone with a despatch date of the 9th received their certs yet?

Comment

Working...
                    X