Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: GRO and certificates

Avatar - Frank sadly no longer with us 21/9/2013
    Number 1 of 7 death certificate has arrived today.

It's a right one but who the **** is Thomas Smith who made his mark and registered the death? and was in attendance but no relationship given?

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Nothing yesterday - beginning to think that it is a conspiracy to stop me starting a new line of research ! Still awaiting 2 marriage certs with dispatch date of 21st April!
    Home time can't come quick enough! (and of course I want to see OH, my dau and the kitten! )
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Today I got three certs,
    Ordered 22 April
    Despatch date 29th

Mind you I do live in Southport, but anyone who is still waiting for certs due for despatch on 21st I would defintely check up on them.

Dog's have Owners, Cats have Staff
    It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser

Helen, I understand!

But, no certificate today, and no reply to the email I sent yesteday either. (Dispatch due 21st)
    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Barrow in Furness, Lancashire, United Kingdom, 115432035138738, Barrow in Furness
    I phoned yesterday to inquire about my missing cert from the 18th.

She explained about the backlog, and said any from the 18th were due out yesterday (although that doesn't explain why I've already got 6 of 'em). She told me to give it another week.

The ones due out on the 24th will be a few days late, but the ones that are due out on the 2nd should be ok, because they expect to have cleared the backlog by then.

The new computer systen isn't to do with online applications, she said.

Today, I received one from my '24th' batch. Still short on the '18th', but at least my hunch was correct with this one. Hope the other 2 are as well.

Rushed home in eager anticipation yesterday - still no certs! If they are not at home this evening then I will ring tomorrow. (I've had one from the 21st (birth) but still awaiting 2 marriages)
    Bo

Avatar - Frank sadly no longer with us 21/9/2013
    None today - still waiting for 6 death certs.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Not for me either, and still no reply to my email!
    Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Sue - your post doesn't fill me with joy for my return home this evening.....
    Bo

Barrow in Furness, Lancashire, United Kingdom, 115432035138738, Barrow in Furness
    I've got 2 more today - but I think they've sent the wrong one for one of 'em. I didn't keep a record so I can't prove it.

I wanted Thomas Needham d O-N-D 1857 Bakewell v7b p383

and got

Thomas Needhamd O-N-D 1856 Basford v 7b p75.

All the names and numbers I type in stay in a kind of drop down when I order.

I have ordered from both Bakewell & Basford and obviously from vol 7b. But I don't have either page 383 or 75 listed.

Update
    Have now phoned about the wrong cert - it wasn't what I ordered, but I'd entered the wrong reference anyway, so they'd attempted to find the right one.

Think I'd have preferred the partial refund. Previously, if I'd got the ref wrong, this is what happens. Where do I stand with this?
    Last edited by Helen Smith Too; 01-05-08 at 20:00.