No announcement yet.

GRO and certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOUR ARRIVED TODAY, STILL WAITING FOR 2.

I have noticed that the marriage certs are arriving a lot quicker than the births.

Comment

Originally posted by Helen Smith Too View Post
      the ones that are due out on the 2nd should be ok, because they expect to have cleared the backlog by then.
      Ooh, that's good news

Comment

I've received one of my due-for dispatch 2nd May today. A handwritten overseas death cert.
        Have a marriage cert to come on that order, plus one still from the 18th.
        Helen

http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...enSmithToo-296

Comment

Still waiting for 21st, and no reply to my emails, who do they think they are?

What a way to run a business!
          Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

My heart sinks Sue - no point going home this evening then??!!
            Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Comment

Bo,

There is no reason to go home at all, might as well stay at work 'till Tuesday!
              Sue x

Looking for Hanmores in Kent, Blakers in Essex and Kent, Pickards in East London and Raisons in Somerset.

Comment

Nothing today - still waiting for 6 death certificates.

Just hope they come tomorrow or else I won't have the info I need for research next week - go away Sunday and had thought 2 weeks would have been enough time to receive them!!!

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I phoned on Monday about my missing cert from the 18th. I phoned again yesterday about the incorrect one I'd been sent. I spoke to the same lady both times.

On Monday she couldn't ask for a duplicate to be sent, as they were only processing the outstanding ones from the 18th on that day, but last night she put the request in for me.

I've also sent two e-mails - one on Sunday, the other yesterday, after I realised I should have had a refund not a wrong cert. Still waiting for replies.
                  Helen

Comment

Well i hate to say it,but i ordered a marriage and birth on the 23rd,and they arrived on the 1st may,so i'm happy.
                    "As if by magic the shop keeper appeared"

Comment

Huh

not happy

Still waiting for 6 death certificates - none arrived today and I'm off up north tomorrow without the info.

Thought 2 weeks would be enough time to get them - but been proved wrong!!!!

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I ordered a BC from the GRO on the Ist May online and the dispatch date is the 8th May. Then with 7 to 10 days post from them to me that's not bad
                        Sheila
                        I think, therefore I am. Descarte

Comment

I ordered a death cert on Monday 28th April, with estimated dispatch date of 2nd May. They still had the warning on the webste about delays in processing due to demand.

The cert arrived this morning and its dated 1st May so I'm well pleased!
                          Vicky

Comment

I've got a few more to order, don't know whether to take the plunge and order, and have a race between them and the outstanding one!

Such a shame for JBee's ones to still be outstanding!
                            Sue x

Comment

nothing yesterday - nothing today - well hacked off! still awaiting 2 marriage certs with dispatch date of 21st April
                              Bo

Comment

I am seething still no certs today with dispatch date of 21 April. I will definitely be contacting them tomorrow to find out which excuse they wish to use...........
                                Bo

Comment

Telephone lines are open 'til 8. Call 'em now! Should be a lovely lady called Maeve.
                                  Helen

Comment

Helen, I'm on the phone at the mo, I'm in a queue of 5, they must be having a nightmare!
                                    Sue x

Comment

I spoke to Maeve, who was very pleasant, and feels that waiting for a cert fron 21st is a bit too long, and can only assume it's gone missing in the post, so has arranged for another to be done for me, I suppose that will take a week!, But at least it's been looked into.
                                      Sue x

Comment

I get the feeling, there's only Maeve there!
                                        When I called for the 2nd time last week, I was 4th in the queue and then head of the queue. I waited longer from there being no-one in front of me, than I did moving from 4th to zero.
                                        She was very helpful with sorting out a duplicate of my missing certificate, but it was only after I finished speaking with her about my second query, that I realised I should have been sent a refund not a guess-work certificate, hence my e-mail thread.
                                        Helen

Comment

I was still hoping it would come today, No luck!!!

I wondered, I always order on line, does anyone actually phone to order their certs, and is it anymore reliable?
                                          Sue x

Comment

Working...
                                          X