No announcement yet.

Antrim, Down and Longford records added to IFHF online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, I see now, so from the home page of the main "All Ireland" site, you have to use the map and click on the county you want, and then on the search for that county it will let you choose parish. We've been using the search form on the main All Ireland site!

By the way, one of the Sloper marriages listed is Constantine Sloper who apparently married in County Galway in 1111! There are no others between then and the 19th century, sadly, so I don't know if I will be able to find a link between him and OH's tree
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

Ah, now I understand the confusion... yes, we were using different sites. I was going straight to the county, rather than the All Ireland site.

I can do better than your County Galway marriage in 1111 - I found one in Down yesterday in 920. It has been mistranscribed from 1920 of course, but unfortunately that's the only one for that surname, even though I know the family was in Down in the late 19th century.
      Sarah

Comment

Cloggie

I went back on to the site today and found just what you have produced above but now I am more than mystified, because I am sure that the line "parish and district" was not there when I did my research a couple of days ago and if it was I feel must have had a brainstorm to have missed it!!!!! Must be too much family history!!! I did try my O'Neill and Thurles and the ones that I know are there from the original church registers are not there anyway so.........!

Mind you even with this help because you have to put first name as well as family name, it would take me forever to work through all the parishes name by name. Give me Free BMD any day!!!!!

Still thanks, Cloggie for clarifying and thanks for making me go back and look again.

Janet

Comment

Cloggie, Kite Runner,

Ok, I now see what Kite Runner has been doing and what I have been doing, but I did exactly as you suggested Cloggie this last time, so that is why the parish line came up. Oh well you live and learn. pity I had to waste £20 BEFORE discovering this! I reckon only the Irish could think up a scheme like that!!!! Many thanks for the clarification. Definitely NOT the most user friendly of sites. Maybe it would be a good idea to put a note about this in the Wikki so others are not so mystified. It definitely wants flagging up somewhere, as how to use!

Janet
          Last edited by Janet; 01-04-08, 13:58.

Comment

Working...
          X