Norfolk Transcription Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norfolk Transcription Archive

I have just popped over there to do a search and they are asking for volunteers for transcribing again! I personally have found this a valuable resource and if any of you have the time...

Click here to order your BMD certificates for England and Wales for only £9.25 General Register Office

Do you have camera? Click here to see if you can help Places of Worship

Jacob Sudders born in Prussia c.1775 married Alice Pidgeon in 1800 in Gorelston. Do you know where Jacob was born?

Thanks for that alert. I don't have Norfolk ancestors (so far), but do keep that site in my favourites - just in case.

I notice that he recommends this link, instead:

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks for that, so pleased Andrew has started up again
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Thing is Kat, there is a lot of Norfolk stuff on freereg now. I do hope they share info. Im very fond of the Norfolk transcripts - that site was my first giant leap into Horstead land assisted by Geoff Lowe

Comment

Hi Heather
          That site has been great for me too, I was getting nowhere with my Watts til I found that site.
          Hope you are well. btw,your photos were great, nothing like I imagined but great teeth.
          Kat

Comment

PMSL - nothing like I imagined either Kat! (MInd you, I forget Im only 2 years off a bus pass now - I cant believe it).

Glad you liked the teeth, the crowns are nearly paid for now by my packing up the fags for 18 months. I still worry every day about them breaking as my previous NHS dentist had really neglected my teeth until the point one had snapped off (the new dentist said he couldnt believe she hadnt done anything about it before, it was apparently dead inside) and she had extracted another due to an abscess which kept reoccuring - again new dentist said the root was long and the root filling had not been to the top of it. Another broke just weeks after the first one and she also wanted to extract that ! New guy said dodgey cos the break had fractured the root BUT he went in from the gum and repaired it. But as I said, I still think may be they arent going to last forever because of the way they had been neglected by previous dentist. Have to make the most of them
            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 25-03-08, 10:02.

Comment

I got my first heating allowance last year:(
              Kat

Comment

I was looking at that in the paper this week, thinking "Oh, only 2 years and I get that "- pmsl, I really do not believe Im this old. Its only five minutes ago I was 16, wasnt it? And then 30 and still getting in free for under 25s at various dos. NOW, hmm, I told the young kid in the supermarket recently when I had him running around looking for something, give me another 10 years and I shall be a right old bat, Ill make demands, I shall be crotchety and irritable with everyone and enjoy it. Thing is Kat, I go to run down the road and realise Im puffing and I feel shocked - do you do that? OH went jumping over a gate when we took the dogs out recently and I thought a couple of years back Id have done that, now I gingerly climb over it with him helping me :(

Oh dear, we are off subject here, Ill get modded again
                Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 25-03-08, 10:21.

Comment

Bearing in mind that Norfolk is famous for inbreeding, does this explain why none of us appear to have the same Norfolk ancestry?
                  ~ with love from Little Nell~
                  Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Think thats too clever for me Nell ? Im just going to take off my waders and my 6 fingered gloves and have a cup of coffee.

Comment

Ooo arrr!
                      ~ with love from Little Nell~
                      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
                      X