Are these related and ages please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these related and ages please

Are the 3 ladies in the middle sitting down related, we know who the one in the middle is, just not sure of the other 2 and could you take a guess at thier ages please.

Sylvia
    Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham
    Leicestershire:- Gough, Cooper, Underwood, Hearn, Inglehearn
    Staffordshire:- Robotham, Hickinbotham, Hill, Holmes

Possibly Sylvia, it's difficult to tell with their glasses on.

I would say that the photo was taken early/mid 1960s?

The lady on the left in the trio looks older and the one on the right looks younger then the lady in the centre.

Guess at the ages - one on left late 50s, early 60's...one on right late 30s early 40s.....

Comment

I was trying to work out if the one one the left could be the mother of the other 2, Edith in the middle was born 1896

Sylvia
      Last edited by Ozzie Gert; 22-03-08, 12:18.
      Sylvia

Derbyshire :- Gough, Tomlinson, Fletcher, Shipley, Spencer, Calladine, Rogers, Kerry, Robotham

Comment

Sylvia - I think the two on the left look very alike, but it may be just because of their glasses. I don't see any resemblance in the third.
        First 60 to 65, second 45 to 50 and third 40 to 45.
        Gillian
        User page: http://www.familytreeforum.com/wiki/...ustGillian-117

Comment

Mmm, not sure...

How old is the lady in the middle, the glasses and her hair style makes her look older.

Comment

Sorry, just seen your updated post...so if the photo was taken 1960s that would make her in her 60s.....

Comment

Thank you for your input, the man in the back with the writing on his shirt married Ediths mother in 1911, he was 37 and she said 39 but should have been 44, but i guess this older lady is too young to be her.
              Sylvia

Comment

Counting from our left of the photo - lady number 2 and 4 are definitely related.

OC

Comment

Thank you OC, i`m beginning to think this photo is either taken before the 60s? or not the people my cousin thinks they are

Edith in the middle was born 1896, so would be in her 60s, the Edith in the photo looks younger.

Albert in the back (name on shirt) says he is 37 on his marriage cert to Ediths mother in 1911, which would make him in his 80s on this photo, again looks too young.

Could this photo been taken earlier than the 60s?

Sylvia
                  Sylvia

Comment

The hairstyles of the younger women would suggest 1970.
                    Paul Barton, Special Agent

Hear my themetune on http://www.turnipnet.com/radio/dickbarton.wav

Comment

I would say that the dresses are typical 1950s, possibly early 60s if they kept their best for a long time, lol!

I remember my mother having an almost identical cocktail dress to the lady second in from the right. All the necklines are very modest - typical 1950s.

OC

Comment

Bummer Paul, did you have to put a spanner in the works. LOL

Thanks OC, i had a dress similar, in my early 20s and that would have been in the 60s.

Sylvia
                        Sylvia

Comment

Working...
                        X