X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biogs. of journalists

Came across the Scoop database of journalists

Scoop! :: Alphabetical journalist index

when idly googling for a remote relative (husband of my 4th. cousin once removed!), George Murray Carruthers, who was a newspaper editor in Barrow-in-Furness. I'm not bursting to spend £5 on a lookup, but if sks with a subscription has the urge, a pm would be a nice surprise.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

I've got one on there too......but probably not worth the £5.....I have had to spend a lot on easter eggs :(

Comment

Who are you looking for??? ;)
      Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Caroline, I'm after Benjamin Guy HORNIMAN

Comment

Thanks Caroline for forking out a communal fiver. As I suspected, my one wasn't worth a fiver on its own.

Comment

Mine wasn't as successful as I had hoped, although useful, but Merry's was so it was worthwhile for us all ... thank you for the tip
            Caroline
            Caroline's Family History Pages
            Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Yes, thank you Caroline!!

Comment

Looks like a good site.

is there anyway to tell whether the Thomas Thompson on there is mine, without forking out the fiver?

He was born about 1832 Wigton, Cumberland, & died 1889 in Workington.
                ~ Louise ~

Researching Dalzell, Highmore & Sumpton in Cumbria, also Braidford & Chevalier

Comment

Sadly my only journalist (g-grandfather) was only a menial on a little local rag so he doesn't get a mention.
                  Michael, aged 1/4 of a century

Comment

My great great uncle was a journalist for 50 years and got a silver plaque/plate thingy to commemmorate this.

Further investigation revealed that he was the Editor and Chief (and only) reporter for the Co-op Weekly, Soap News, pmsl. (In house mag of the Co-op Soap Factory in Leeds)

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Meridian Line View Post
                      Looks like a good site.

is there anyway to tell whether the Thomas Thompson on there is mine, without forking out the fiver?

He was born about 1832 Wigton, Cumberland, & died 1889 in Workington.
                      Yes, if Caroline's fiver hasn't expired :D:D

Comment

Working...
                      X