Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Birmingham electoral rolls online

Just seen this in Family Tree magazine
    Midlands Historical Data Home Page - searchable local, military and family history books online for Birmingham and the surrounding area

Apparently they have the Birmingham electoral rolls from 1912, 1920, 1925, 1930 and 1935 online, plus the absent voters' roll from 1918. They also have some 19th century databases. You have to buy credits for pay-per-view or you can go to one of the libraries in the area to access it free. It looks as though you have to do this before you can view any search results.

Can't see it in the Wiki - worth adding, I should think? It is a little tricky to navigate the site but probably worth it if your ancestors are on there!
    KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
    (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Yes, there's some interesting stuff in there. If it isn't in the Wiki, it should be.

Comment

It's certainly of interest. I couldn't actually find any of mine - not quite the right date-ranges - but certainly a very interesting site.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X