Useful Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Useful Website

For those who haven't seen this website which contains PR entries and much more.......

"This site catalogues the people, places, maps, drawings, engravings, books, writings and numerous lists and directories that are over 70 years old into an integrated database of information about one of the most attractive parts of England - The Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex."

The history, genealogy and topography of the Weald of Kent, Surrey and Sussex
    Dawn

Just dashed there to find.... that none of my ancestors locations are included!

Oh well, hopefully it will be useful for plenty of others! Hadn't come across that before so thanks for sharing
    Cheryl

So... what do you think of my pants?!

Regional Co-Ordinator for Region 3

Comment

thanks i found someone and i am considering sending them some info as it a greeat site
      tink
      wye surrey/london/birmingham
      lawrence/laurence berkshire/london/norfolk
      hall harrison cook/e pratt surrey
      ebbage maltby pratt norfolk
      herbert pratt yorkshire/hampshire
      armstrong/rickinson/harrison/beddington yorkshire

Comment

have you looked in the Wiki recently - that is a link we have in there on the Sussex page- there maybe others in there that maybe of use to you.

Jess

Comment

It is an excellent website and I was lucky to find it quite early on in my research. One word of warning though - I know of at least two trees on there which are incorrect, so I would just use it as a guide.

Comment

I have used and contributed to that Site. It can be a very useful resource, but always bearing in mind that a Transcription is never as reliable as the Original.
            Grampa Jim passed away September 2011

Comment

As is always the case with any transcriptions - where possible confirm with the original.
              Dawn

Comment

Working...
              X