• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks wendy it late here going to bed thanks for all
    peter

Comment

• Wendy or anyone

could somone find out the parents of George Shaw b1816 Newark, Nottingham, England d Bef. 09 Jul 1853 married Eliza Doleman b1807 Berrningham, Warwickshire, England any and any children etc

Peter

Comment

• Peter, I just want to say that as far as I can see, there is no proof yet that the John Shaw who has been found on the census, son of George, is the same person as your John Freeman Shaw, so you might want to try to find more info about him to prove the connection before trying to trace George and Eliza back.
        KiteRunner

Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good... laugh"
        (Indigo Girls, "Watershed")

Comment

• Hello

I was talking to somone as well in perth australia and her line is Eliza Shaw 22 May 1832 Nottinghamshire, England that is a sister of John shaw parents george

so it is the right one . would love to get it further if i am able to

Thanks peter

Comment

• Hi All

I hope somone can help look up something for me i receved today my grandmothers wedding papers and was wondering about a name who that is and if she a shaw or not here name is lucy ann millerd that was her witness there . also still looking fro the death date of Mary or maria anderson was round about 1930

Thanks peter

Comment

• Hi Peter. This thread has got a bit long, so it could be a good idea to put each new request in a new thread.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

• how is that done
                peter

Comment

• Peter

You just do the same as you did when you started this thread! You'll need a heading that reflects what your question is, so that people know whether or not they're likely to be able to help.

At the top of the list of threads, on the left, there's a New Thread button.

Christine
                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

• Hello Everyone

could someone help me with someone I been looking for over the past years.

He is Frederick William Green b 1880 Birmingham Warwickshire, England he came to N.S.W with his parents Harry Green and Ann Sophia Woollaston on April 1886.

To now I cant find a death or a marriage of him at all

Is there someone can help me out with this

Thanks Peter

Comment

• Peter, I may well have asked this before but I can't remember - do you know for sure that Frederick did get married?
                      KiteRunner

Comment

• no i dont no idea have no death of him either he was listed in nsw australia in 1936 after that nothing at all cant find anything of him no death army nothing etc

Comment

• Is he with anybody in 1936? I'm guessing that if he wasn't married by 1936 then he probably didn't marry at all, although of course you never know.
                          KiteRunner

Comment

• Hi Peter,

I haven't re-read the entire thread, so correct me if I've forgotten anything, but I suspect that Frederick never actually made it to Australia.

In 1881, the family consists of Harry 30 (coach maker), Ann Sophia 31, Harry 8, George 7 and Frederick 1. No middle name's given for Frederick. It's hard to tell exactly when he was born, because there are numerous possible candidates.

Assuming you're right that the family emigrated in 1886, there's no Frederick with them.
                            I've found what appears to be the right passenger list, for the Aberdeen, arriving in April 1886, in two places.

1. NSW State Records
                            :

State Records NSW - Online search

Enter Aberdeen for the vessel name, 1886 for the year, and the surname Green.

This shows 10 Greens, listed in no particular order.

2. Mariners and ships in Australian waters

ABERDEEN

This shows the complete passenger list for the Aberdeen, sorted into families.
                            One family is a Samuel and Emma with children William, Charles and Emily.
                            Another family is Harry (a wheelwright) and Sophie with a child Herbert.
                            Harry 13 and George 12 are shown separately, but in the NSW State Records list they're marked "pob" (parents on board), so they belong to one of the two families.
                            The ages of Harry, Sophie, Harry jr and George match the ages of the family on the 1881 census.
                            If this is the right family, I would think Frederick died and Herbert was born between 1881 and 1886.

This might be Frederick's death:

Deaths Jun 1883
                            GREEN Frederick George 4 Birmingham 6d 128

There are several possibilities for Herbert's birth, as it's a fairly common name.

Comment

• thanks for that that is right i see now that he died in england and didnt arrive in australia . could this sam be a brother of Harry cause what i have here children of samual green and Sarah green (Glazier) they had some children might be missing some of them names are
                              James Green 1836
                              Samuel Green Bet. Apr - Jun 1840
                              Sarah Green 1843
                              Jane Green 1845
                              Harry Green 1850
                              George Green 1855
                              Lydia Lidia Green sep 1958

could be some more could be another samual between harry and george

all these i have nothing on them dont know where to go to get some more information at all on these

thanks Peter

Comment

• this is the family for sure i know that he was a coach maker.

In 1881, the family consists of Harry 30 (coach maker), Ann Sophia 31, Harry 8, George 7 and Frederick 1. No middle name's given for Frederick. It's hard to tell exactly when he was born, because there are numerous possible candidates

Comment

Working...
                                X